Hello from a new member.

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

Nash

Re: Hello from a new member.

Postby Nash » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:24 pm

Hi Mark and welcome to the club. Nice looking car you have there and we are now getting quite a few superlights joining.

Where are you located? Do you get out in the car much? So many questions so little time.

You will have to join us on a run for breakie / lunch soon? We'd love to meet up with you as its always good to eat breakie and chat with the like minded.

Once again welcome.

......... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:03 pm

hi ya Mark, interesting to see the piccies, i tend to forget that the Cat is available as a kit! Out of interest how long did it take, were there parts of the build that were challenging - i think the 'average' kit car build has various obstacles to covercome, was yours like that or more like a straightforward question of approachig it in a measured/logical way?

spiderlane

Postby spiderlane » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:25 pm

Thanks for the welcomes chaps.

Located in Coulsdon, Surrey. Definitely up for a run out/breakfast etc now that the weather is improving. Still have some niggles to sort out with the car, like oil leak, diff leak, coolant leak so car not always ready to run, but will keep an eye on the arrangements.

Build was relatively straightforward; really more of an assembly than a build and I built one before so had a pretty good idea what to expect. Certainly few challenging bits, but no fabrication or sourcing of parts etc (basically the lazy approach :) ). Caterham provide an assembly guide with suggested sequences etc; but it really helps to to be mechanically minded for when you want to a) ignore the manual and b) think that the manual is wrong and fancy doing it differently.

Build took from Feb to August, but nearly 2 months of that, the car was back at Caterham to have some paint issues sorted out, so I guess about 5 months in total, just working weekends. Really enjoyed it though; the build/maintenance/modification part of it is as important to me as the driving; if I couldn't built one, I wouldn't have bought one ready to drive (would have gone for something else probably)

Cheers
Mark

andy21

Postby andy21 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:19 pm

Hi Mark,
Welcome. Mine was a factory build so great for me to see your pics of your progress and what's under the skin.
I have an R300 that's seen 6K miles since I got it in April. Like most of us just can't get enough!
I'm in Farnham and get out as much as possible, see you out for a blat soon...

Nick

Postby Nick » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:16 pm

Great looking car Mark. See you on a run soon.

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:07 am

Welcome Mark, Cars looking good albeit a tad clean !, hope you join us on a run soon to change that :D

pmercer

Postby pmercer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:03 pm

Hi Mark,

Welcome....I'm new to the group aswell. Joined last week after picking up my Caterham R400. Hope to see you out in the car soon.

Paul

Nogoingback

Postby Nogoingback » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:20 pm

Welcome see you soon.

spiderlane

Postby spiderlane » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Heh - it was clean then yes, but that was just after I got it on the road. I do like to keep it clean, but don't mind getting it dirty if you see what I mean :)

Look forward to meeting some of you

Cheers
Mark

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”