Hello from me.

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

Leftfield Westfield

Hello from me.

Postby Leftfield Westfield » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:13 am

Morning all.

Thought I would say hello.

I live in Redhill and own a Westfield, but first some background.

An ode to the 7:

The story began when I was 14 and was pressing my nose against the Caterham showroom window and sitting there resplendent in fluorescent orange was a Superlight R. My knees went weak and it was at that moment that I knew I had to have one at some stage in my life.

In the intervening years I read all the usual publications and cherished the issues where a 7 was featured.

Fast forward to 2009 and I decided to hire a Roadsport SV from Caterham for the day to see if the reality clashed with the theory. It didn’t, it was great! The 125bhp Sigma’d car was superb and opened up a whole new chapter on power to weight eulogy.

It dawned on me that this WAS going to happen, and sooner rather than later…..

It was at this stage that I decided to go Westfield as my budget dictated I would be lucky to get a lowly 1.6vx Cat and I wanted more!!!!

With much homework on specs, upgrades, extras and prices and all manner of useless other information stored in the grey matter, I went for it.

The rest as they say is history.

I am now a proud owner of a meticulously built Lamborghini Orange Westfield Seiw with a stage 2 205 blocked Pinto with 152bhp and 155 lbs/ ft at the wheels. The car is my pride and joy and I love every minute I spend in it.

I can generally be found short blatting in the Redhill/Reigate and Dorking areas but I definitely wish to hook up with like minded folks for longer more meaningful blats.

I attended a track day at Brands last year but failed the noise test at 108db so haven’t pushed her to the limit yet. I may get this sorted but all the noise, the pops and bangs are half the experience for me.

So there we are. I hope the site goes from strength to strength and hope to meet up with you all at some stage.

And if you see a bright orange Westfield in the Redhill/Reigate area making some noise then give me a wave, if I don’t wave back then don’t be offended, I’m just concentrating on the road ahead!!

Cheers.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Hello from me.

Postby greenwoo » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:47 am

Hi Brian, there is a huge grin factor isn't there to all these cars, something that seems to be missing from many super cars ( i don't refer to so called supercars as i've never owned one ) - that said I understand that there's a fair few owners of Ferraris and the like that have a '7' tucked away for 'playing'.
Hah the old noise test issue. A few of us attended a taster session at Brands 18mths ago, i think the 2 highest readings were 108 + 110, mine was close to being 'outloawed' so bit the bullet and went for a new system - and although in some ways i miss the exhaust noise, at least i can listen to the induction :-)

If you know any, you'll have to share some decent roads with us for that area, i find coming back to 7oaks from Guildford direction to be a bit boring, so PM me with any tips to bypass the a25! ( and don't forget the eateries section Nash needs continuing suggestions for that )

As you're no a million miles away perhaps we should arrange a little gathering at the Grasshopper - to coincide with one of the other groups that pops over there? Sylva + Cob boys meet Friday night 1st of the month and last Sunday in the month. Am sure we could entice a few from here to pop out for one of those, have a bit of a run and end up there? PM me if you fancy that...oh, coming to Littlehamption Sunday???

Leftfield Westfield

Postby Leftfield Westfield » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:59 am

Hi Mark.

Definitely is a huge grin factor with these cars!!

Will be up for a meet at the Grasshopper at some stage, can't make Sunday unfortunately.

How/ who sorted your exhaust out?

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:13 am

that's a pity about Sunday as there'll obviously be a fair few of us out and about........right i failed with Littlehampton ......what about France on the 17th :-) ( only joking, although anyone reading this......you'd be welcome to join us ).....

Exhaust...we'll you'll find umpteen recooemnds to do it different ways etc etc....but there's a few of us that have used Powerspeed down near Ashford. The guy knows his stuff, and you can buy an off the shelf can to fit yoruself, or take it down there for them to do. They did a complete system on mine as it was thought that teh original Tiger headers weren't right to get max power....and that indeed was the case!
no doubt prices have changed but a 6inch can which is sufficient for say a 180bhp zetec is about £325/350 - i know that on 1 of the cars mentioned in my first post that meant 108 went down to about 94/95.

Don't forget to use the members map to introduce yourself to a few chaps in your area, Bassett i know isn't far from you ( can't recall off the top of my head where everyone else is.....and if you use the westie site ( or have westie pals ) please do bang the drum about this place. We need all the active members that we can get across the whole area - the more we have..........

Nash

Postby Nash » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:22 am

Hi Brian and welcome.

May I say that was a great introduction post 8-)

These things can be contrived but yours was spot on. As Mark said any info on roads or eateries / points of interest then PM me and I'll get them on the map.

In terms of exhausts a place in Ashford Kent that has a good reputation is powerspeed. I will pm you a number tonight when I get home.

Look forward to catching up at some point.

........... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Ross

Postby Ross » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:23 pm

Happy to endorse Powerspeed too. Custom built mine while I waited. Top quality kit. What I really like though is that the noise is now very civilised around town, but when you press the loud pedal it roars like it should. All within the levels for track days though.

plug

Postby plug » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:40 pm

Another thumbs up for powerspeed, they did my 6" can for my Tiger when I had it a few years back, very good quality, Welcome by the way!!

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:33 pm

Hi and Welcome... nice opener i must say!

Hope to see you around sometime
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”