Hello from the Sat 12hr night shift!!!

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

MCWSC7

Hello from the Sat 12hr night shift!!!

Postby MCWSC7 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:42 am

Hi,

I'm Mark, I own a Westy,live in Kent and am currently in the middle of a 12hr Sat night shift :cry: :cry: :cry:

Just watched MOTD though, so not a bad job :)

Just thought I would say hi, obviously if this is like the other Club I'm a member of I shall now await a couple of insencere "welcomes" from some northeners, and then once they all realise I'm not one of them watch my thread quickly drop off the first page of Topics and fade into the obscurity of pages 4 or 5, this despite my constant logging on hoping that I'll get a reply that will make me glad I bothered :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Only Joking of course

Hope to meet you all soon

Mark

greenwood03

Re: Hello from the Sat 12hr night shift!!!

Postby greenwood03 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:22 am

Morning Mark. MMM insencere welcomes eh? The whole 'Hi + Welcome Thing' does seem a bit contrived and dare i say it American - but it serves a purpose to highlight new joiners to current members.

Getting a few folks east kent now, so for those interested in runs should be the chance to meet up, am sure 'Nash' will be along to rattle your cage about eateries for his map.
I'm liking the idea of a working shift that allows watching MOTD or better yesterday the Le Mans Series. A pal of mine has wasted his opportunity he's a firefighter ( he tells me that 'fireman' is sexist, i think he just wants to sound macho ).....anyway, he's been using his time recently to learn needlepoint and cooking: Its a new program of skills sharing with other 'firefighters', so Mavis has taught him these invaluabe things, in turn he's taught her to: read on the loo, leave the washing up until there's no more plates and pass wind from both ends at the same time.

oh BTW - welcome :-)

Nash

Postby Nash » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:27 pm

H-E-L-L-O M-A-R-K & W-E-L-C-O-M-E (said in a contrived and insincere manner) ;) well I am a Northener so I should resmeble the remark.

Joking aside, good to have the night shift in although MArk G has said you are in East Kent I can't see where that narrows down to? As Mark has also declared I have come along not only to say "a contrived welcome" but also to give you a wonderful opportunity to offer up a plethera of good eateries and points of interest that we should all frequent at the earliest opportunity please feel free to PM me with detail (info required is given in the points of Interest forum) of venues and I will get them on the map post haste.

So it only leaves me a final opportunity to say "Have a nice day and come back soon ya hear!" ;) :)

............Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:59 pm

Hello and Welcome from a Southern !!

Any chance of narrowing down your location out of interest?
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

daxmatt

Postby daxmatt » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:36 pm

and a big hello from myself too

Contaminated

Postby Contaminated » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:08 pm

I like him already :D

I'm guessing you've not had much luck finding a local forum Mark?!

Dan

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”