Yet another Hello

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

istreatf

Yet another Hello

Postby istreatf » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:38 pm

Hi all - I am another total kit-car nut although I do seem to have a life as well......
I built my first Kitcar in 1986 - a Pilgrim Bulldog which was easy then as there was no SVA or IVA to worry about. Quickly following on that success came a Rickman Ranger, followed very soon afterwards by divorce, then a GP Spyder, then a total ground up rebuild of a Ginetta G15, and finally (for now) a 1989 Pilgrim Hawthorn (unstarted kit found in a back garden) which passed the SVA test last year.
I am Area rep for the Pilgrim Car Club and we have a meeting at the Fighting Cocks, Horton Kirby near Dartford, on the second Tuesday of each month starting from about 7:30. If anyone fancies coming along please let me know as pubs these days like to have numbers for bookings for meals. It's Curry night as well!
I am a retired IT manager, live in Eltham, play guitar, am trying to learn to speak Russian, and love playing with my grandchildren two days a week. What a life. Oh yes, I am also building a trailer for my Bulldog which is the rear half of another scrapped Bulldog. Ho Ho Ho!

greenwood03

Re: Yet another Hello

Postby greenwood03 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:46 pm

Hi Ian, will have to pop over to the Fighting Cocks as HK is only around the corner....you seem to be a glutton for punishment building all those cars :-)
if you get bored why not just come over and do the bits n bobs needed on mine??? wouldnt want you sitting at home twiddling your thumbs!!

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:25 pm

Welcome.... Arrr a pilgrim nut eh ???;)

See ya around
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

Nash

Postby Nash » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:47 pm

Hi Ian,
Good of you to pop in to say hello and all that. Hope to see you out and about in the near future.

.........Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:34 pm

istreatf wrote:Quickly following on that success came a Rickman Ranger, followed very soon afterwards by divorce

Hmm, my Ranger's nearly done that to my marriage once or twice! :oops:

Still not sure I've been forgiven for building the Fury.

Welcome anyway, nice to have a range of cars, it was getting a bit "seven heavy". I'm not particularly into kit cars as such, but I do like my cars small, simple, rear wheel drive & rust free, which these days narrows my choice somewhat.

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”