Belgian member

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

Nash

Re: Belgian member

Postby Nash » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:54 pm

Greetings sir and a pleasure to meet you. Your car looks great btw. Hope we can meet up at Stoneleigh.

.......... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

2kwik

Postby 2kwik » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:12 pm

Jepe
Where are you guys crossing from/to? If Dover/Ramsgate or Folkestone you will be passing our doors. :)
Fun is not a straight line

jpd

Postby jpd » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:42 am

This will be our trip.

We leave on saturday from Calais to Dover, where we'll be arriving at 11U30.
Then we"ll be driving to Bourton-on-the water for a break, the last part of the journey is a drive to Kenilworth where we're staying in a B&B at Castle Road. This makes a total of 582 km- 364 miles.
On sunday we're going to the show.
On monday our ferry leaves at 14u30 at Dover

Do any of you know some secondary roads that we could follow to Kenilworth. Motorways aren't so pleasant with a seven.
Any advice is welcome

regards,
jp

2kwik

Postby 2kwik » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:18 pm

Bourton on the Water for a break?? :o It's a pretty place but suggest you could run through Kent, around the M25, up the M1 and on to the A5 like the rest of us. You can't avoid all the mWays logically but it looks like you are going a long way round? Some of our lot will be leaving early afternoon Saturday (back Sunday afternoon), I think, to the show and a few of us going the above route (probably but not fixed yet). I suggest we firm our plans up at this end and see if we can fix something up to meet up on the way? Keep in touch - there is a seperate Stoneleigh thread on here somewhere.

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:38 pm

If your coming from Dover, i'd use m25 south up m40... avoids roadworks on m25 north and m1.

Bourton-on-the waters not too far off the beaten track that way...
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

2kwik

Postby 2kwik » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:01 pm

as Kenilworth and Stoneleigh are right next to each other, I'll let you work out the more attractive of these. Unless there is a specific reason to go to Bourton on the Water, I haven't understood!
Dover to Bourton - 171 miles (3hrs6min) and then Bourton to Kenilworth/Stoneleigh - add 38 miles (55mins)
OR:
Dover to Stoneleigh - 183 miles (3hrs9mins) of which about 60 miles is Dual carriageway and 50 miles is Mway.
Times are from Google Earth. If you want lots of Mway - the first one. If not, the second.

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”