Newbie saying hello

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

Dave Walker

Newbie saying hello

Postby Dave Walker » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:11 pm

Hi all
I have just joined the site and thought I would say hello. I live in Seaford East Susssex and brought my first kit car two years ago a Pilgrim Sumo MK2 based on Cortina MK4 running gear .I was told it was Capri based but after tracing the builder discovered it was Cortina. Its using a 3ltr Essex V6 matched to a 4 speed box I believe from a Capri . Its not over powerfull but suits my pocket. I did look at building my own but time and budget ment it was cheaper to buy a built car.I have no complaints at all with the car I just love it and its something I can add to as time goes by.It is currently sorn but will be back on the road 1st May when I hope to join in with the Eastbourne Historic vehicles parade.I have sent the application but I may be to late.
I am a junior member of the Cobra Replicas Club and we have a small meet on the 3rd Wed of the month which should be starting again soon so I am looking forward to that.Hopefully I will get to meet some of you as the weather improves
and the meetings increase.
Regards Dave :

Nash

Re: Newbie saying hello

Postby Nash » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:19 pm

Dave,
hi and welcome to the club. Good to have a Sumo represented. If you have any good eatery or points of interest that you know of that we can put on the map then let me know.

Hope to see you on a run this summer. Are you going ro Stoneleigh?

.......... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

daxmatt

Postby daxmatt » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:27 pm

Welcome,a mighty engine,i had one in a boat, bullet proof.

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:00 pm

Welcome, enjoy yourself.

I take it that your not 'the' dave walker of ecu fame!!!!??!!
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

Dave Walker

Postby Dave Walker » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:55 pm

Nash wrote:Dave,
hi and welcome to the club. Good to have a Sumo represented. If you have any good eatery or points of interest that you know of that we can put on the map then let me know.

Hope to see you on a run this summer. Are you going ro Stoneleigh?

.......... Neil

Hi Neil
Thanks for the intro I doubt I will be getting to Stoneleigh this year I went to Detling last week (bloody cold) and saw a few bits and bobs I will purchase in due course.Had the car out of the garage yesterday to get her ready for the 1st May then weather, job and the Mrs permiting I shall enjoy a few runs out.
Dave

Dave Walker

Postby Dave Walker » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 pm

daxmatt wrote:Welcome,a mighty engine,i had one in a boat, bullet proof.

Hi Daxmatt
As I said in my intro its not the most powerfull engine on the block but so far it has been very reliable and not prone to overheating so I am more than happy.
Dave

Dave Walker

Postby Dave Walker » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:00 pm

Ben_Copeland wrote:Welcome, enjoy yourself.

I take it that your not 'the' dave walker of ecu fame!!!!??!!

Hi Ben
No I'm not that Dave Walker unless the fame has passed me by thanks for the welcome.
Dave

2kwik

Postby 2kwik » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:14 pm

note the picture request thread then! let's have a look at it! ;) we can see it in the flesh later....
Fun is not a straight line

Dave Walker

Postby Dave Walker » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:27 pm

2kwik wrote:note the picture request thread then! let's have a look at it! ;) we can see it in the flesh later....

Hi
I would if I knew how bit of a dinosaur and anything technical baffles me I will get my son on to it and see what happens.
Regards Dave.

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”