About time I said hello - Doncaster New R6 Owner

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

WESTINI

About time I said hello - Doncaster New R6 Owner

Postby WESTINI » Fri May 01, 2015 8:03 am

Hi All,

Firstly, I know I'm not strictly 'Southern' although I do get out and about all over the UK with work and shows.

I'm Paul, I live near Doncaster and have been thinking of buying a kit car for the past 2 years.. long time I know, but there are plenty to choose from.. anyway, I recently had a garage built on the side of my house and decided to take the bull by the horns and get my bum in gear, I have agreed to and will be collecting Tony C's old Tiger R6 tomorrow from Tel in Norfolk. When it came up for sale last year I was tempted, but lack of garage forced my hand. Thankfully it came up for sale again - just in time, as I nearly spent £9250.00 on a super six, but was advised by the Tiger forum that it was crazy money, and to hold out.. which I did, and the rest as they say is history.

I'm 38, and I guess this is my mid life crisis..(the other half would say its another mid life crisis) I have always been into cars, well anything with an engine, I have an Audi TT (180) left standard, a Ford Probe V6 (over spent on upgrades), a Cinquecento sporting (track prep'd but most fun), and a Freelander TD4, for everyday use.. along with various Nitro cars and a petrol powered grass board, so spend my money mostly on toys.. the Tiger will be right at home..

I am a regional rep over on UKPOC, so am used to organising and attending meets / fixes etc. and really enjoy the social aspect owning a car and being in a club can offer, so will certainly be attending some of the events that get posted on the site (still undecided about Stoneleigh, as its a very busy weekend for me)

As a day job I'm an Account Director for an IT company, that's when most people stop reading... but, I love the job and it affords me a decent lifestyle..

Look forward to speaking with everyone during my ownership of the Tiger, I have already posted a few times, but thought I'd make it official and say hello.

For now, thanks.

Paul.

zxr400

Re: About time I said hello - Doncaster New R6 Owner

Postby zxr400 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:21 am

Welcome to the mad house . enjoy your new toy

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Fri May 01, 2015 8:30 am

Welcome and hope to see you out and about :D

WESTINI

Postby WESTINI » Fri May 01, 2015 10:06 am

Good news on the insurance front also, I can agree totally that A-Plan are a great company, and have received my business - they can be contacted on 01635 874646 - they quoted me £118.65 per annum with comprehensive cover and 100 excess.. have discussed guaranteed value and they will be sending me some forms to complete and return, really straight talking, know their stuff and glad I called them - almost went with Flux, who offered the same cover, same details given to both, but wanted £167.00.
Just the tax to sort now when I collect, and im good to go.. fingers crossed.
Paul.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Fri May 01, 2015 2:42 pm

beauty!
glad you found what you wanted Paul....
without sounding like a plank...do take it easy on the way home tomorrow, you wouldnt be the 1st that's underestimated how quickly a kit car car break traction on the rear! unfortunately i know of a cple of cars that never finished their run home.

and no cheating with the piccies, we'll expect to see some fresh ones of the car 'up tut north'...

cheers
Mark

WESTINI

Postby WESTINI » Fri May 01, 2015 3:08 pm

greenwoo wrote:beauty!
glad you found what you wanted Paul....
without sounding like a plank...do take it easy on the way home tomorrow, you wouldnt be the 1st that's underestimated how quickly a kit car car break traction on the rear! unfortunately i know of a cple of cars that never finished their run home.

and no cheating with the piccies, we'll expect to see some fresh ones of the car 'up tut north'...

cheers
Mark

True words Mark, I have had a bit of experience in westfields, and they were only the 130bhp ones, this ones 170+, so I'll be taking it steady(ish) until im confident I can handle it... I have a few track days under my belt, so can handle a car quite well, but as you say... better safe than sorry.. no hooning around for at least a week.. promise.

locost220

Postby locost220 » Fri May 01, 2015 4:54 pm

Welcome to rhe club offically
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Fri May 01, 2015 8:16 pm

Welcome to the best kit car club there is, you have bought a brilliant car, Tony looked after it well when he had it, and its nice to see its got a good home and is back in the SKCC fold.

Hope to see you out and about soon.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Nash

Postby Nash » Fri May 01, 2015 9:09 pm

Paul, as others, officially welcome. I've said it before but worth repeating that R6 is a good example and I would know as Tony and I chased each other around the UK a couple of times on road trips and it's always a pleasure to accompany it.

Hope we get the chance to do it again sometime!?

Once again welcome

..... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

BIOMAN

Postby BIOMAN » Sat May 02, 2015 1:05 am

Welcome to the club from over in the Peak District. This is a gr8 club. Hope we can meet up in the near future?
Enjoy :D :D :D :D . Richard

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”