Hello everyone

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

MrSwamp13

Hello everyone

Postby MrSwamp13 » Sun May 17, 2015 4:25 pm

Looking to buy a kit car and thought that this must be the place to be :D
Seen a Formula 27 locally with a redtop fitted, priced at £5700. Can't seem to find out much about these, have looked at several cars including a Robin Hood AND a bike engined Locost. Will hopefully find the right car although I will have to pay more now the sun is out!

Regards Darren

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Hello everyone

Postby greenwoo » Sun May 17, 2015 8:08 pm

welcome Darren,....there are tons are Form 27's around, that's not to suggest that they have defects or arent well thought of, in fact i have heard from a few guys that the chassis and basis are good - but like any kit, depends how well each car is screwed together.
somewhere, probably tips/advice - there's a section about buying a 'kit'....

good luck
Mark

locost220

Postby locost220 » Sun May 17, 2015 8:24 pm

Welcome Darren hope you find what you want soon so you can enjoy the weather.
there is always the offer of a passenger ride or meet a few of the club at one of the weekend drive / breckie stops although numbers might be a bit sparce next weekend due to a couple of tours this week.
Rich.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

bigstuff

Postby bigstuff » Sun May 17, 2015 8:53 pm

As said above , the diffrenceces between manufacturer and car to car are huge, so be prepared to asses what you find.
One is one too many and one too many is never enough.

Larkingabout

Postby Larkingabout » Mon May 18, 2015 6:24 am

Welcome and good luck with the search. I am sure you will find what you want eventually but there is no better advice than from existing owners and you get plenty of opinions on here some sensible and come not!! Seriously try and get to a meet or run out you will always see a variety of marques.
James
The man in the Red Coat

MrSwamp13

Postby MrSwamp13 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:58 am

Just a quick reply to say to the people pm'ing me, I can't reply as I am a new member.

MrSwamp13

Postby MrSwamp13 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:08 am

My budget will dictate my choice, otherwise I would be sat in a Caterham. I just would like a step on the ladder and see what the next few years bring.
From my research so far a bike engined car wouldn't be practical for me at the moment and the Robin Hood seemed to big. I sound like Goldilocks lol.

Dick

Postby Dick » Mon May 18, 2015 9:38 am

Well come to skcc your going to love this lot when you get some wheels

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:51 am

MrSwamp13 wrote:My budget will dictate my choice, otherwise I would be sat in a Caterham. I just would like a step on the ladder and see what the next few years bring.
From my research so far a bike engined car wouldn't be practical for me at the moment and the Robin Hood seemed to big. I sound like Goldilocks lol.

I'll go along with what you've found so far, a good chunk of the appeal is the small size - it effectively gives you more road to play with & while there are those who'll swear by bike engine cars, the folk here use the cars a lot & there are few BECs which has always made me think that BECs are great on a track, less so on the road. BUT as has been said, come out on a run, people will always give you a passenger ride.

P.S. Also look for Phoenixs (Phoenii) Furys, Stylus' & Strikers - all Jeremy Phillips designs & all excellent cars if they're built right.

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Mon May 18, 2015 12:49 pm

Darren

Welcome to the club and good hunting for your car. I think with your handle you might want to think about an airboat. Then again someone may have told you about the winter runs. :lol:

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”