New Tiger Super Six Owner

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

SJLB

Re: New Tiger Super Six Owner

Postby SJLB » Wed May 27, 2015 5:14 pm

Welcome from another Steve, I'm not far from you in Bromley (well Keston) so look forward to seeing you out and about. As mentioned Edenbridge is a favourite start point for a blat so quite convenient for you!
Steve
Westfield Megabusa, Bromley, Kent.

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Wed May 27, 2015 5:20 pm

Welcome to SKCC :D

Dick

Postby Dick » Wed May 27, 2015 6:25 pm

Well come to the mad house as they say and another iconic cross flow engine, worried about windscreen and noise :D get out on a few runs then worry about it

Red27

Postby Red27 » Sun May 31, 2015 3:53 pm

Fury1630 wrote:
stevie040 wrote:My biggest issue at the moment is the windscreen the frame is right in my eyeline. Any options for this??

How is the seat mounted? if it's on runners can it be bolted to the floor in the right place for you? Can you reduce the stuffing? It's often easier to lower your eye-line than raise the screen.

Welcome along Steve,

My other half Paul (zxr400 on here) has a Westfield, but had a similar problem. At one point, he took his frame out, did a "cut and shut" to extend it by a couple of inches, and got a larger piece of glass to fit it. That had a knock on effect on his wet weather gear, but it was workable. However, Tony's suggestion above is very sensible. Along similar lines, when Paul then replaced his armchair like Westy seats with a set of JK's (plastic bucket type) and bolted them to the floor, he suddenly found he'd shrunk! As a consequence, he then replaced the screen and glass with one that was the original size :roll:

My Tiger (Avon, so not the same as yours) has a pair of Odyssey seats. Padded type, i.e. thicker, and that has always tended to be Tiger's preference. Don't know what's in yours, but if you had a notion to change your seats in the future, to ones with a slimmer profile like Paul did, that could have the added benefit of solving your line of sight problem. Not a "cheap" fix, and possibly not even on your radar, but it you were considering it, then it might be worth putting any money and effort towards that as a way of killing two birds with one stone.

I also believe this strategy could be useful in the battle to find purchases that can be measured in "wife pounds", and therefore demonstrated to be good value, for those who don't find themselves similarly married to a bird who spends her money on cars and petrol :lol:
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”