Looking for the way to join in with SKC.

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

KATIE

Looking for the way to join in with SKC.

Postby KATIE » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:40 am

Hello new kid on the block.
Would have posted a picture of the pride and joy but could not get the hang of exactly how to do it. The build is a Westfield Sei wide track. 2Ltr Zetec,LSD, Nitron shocks, front and rear roll bars, QD steering wheel, Revolution 8 spoke alloys, brake upgrade and the last of the R1R's.
Was not happy to upgrade bhp yet as braking(works upgrade)was not inspiring so trying set of Ferodo DS2500 after having to get rear pads machined to fit, hopefully going to give them a tryout today. No help from the works on the subject so going it alone again.
Had a short trip into the world of engine mapping and got frightened, seems like some sort of a jungle and not a safe place for newbies.
Would like to start with local runs out or just meets in the East Kent Area. Have heard that the Airport Café on the A20 at Otter Poll has be used.
Want to try track days as soon as the car is going(and stopping) and present 150bhp is fully understood. Suspension and corner weights have been setup by somebody that does know what they are doing but with the proviso that its just a starting point and to be carefull about staying on the right side of any hedges encountered.
Contact from old hands would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Ross Wiliams

Nash

Re: Looking for the way to join in with SKC.

Postby Nash » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:46 am

Hi Ross and welcome to the club. Whereabouts in East Kent are you? I'm near Ashford. Specs sounds good , especially interested in what you think of the Nitron's

Once again welcome

..... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:35 am

Hi Ross or is it Katie ??
Welcome to the best kit car club around. As Neil said where about are you in Kent ? I'm in Swanley, we are out most Sundays for a breakie run, keep an eye out for the shouts and join in.

Once again welcome.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

scotty

Postby scotty » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:50 pm

Welcome along sounds like you have been having fun! A lot of peoplefind non servo brakes hard to get used to at first but you will get it in the end after a few miles and really enjoy the feel they have,get ya self on track day to see what it can do then you can feel relaxed on the road(i'm at brands again on wednesday its great fun although i am usually massivly out gunned lol)
Luego with a mighty 104bhp!!!

steve m

Postby steve m » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:36 pm

As said above, non servo brakes are well odd, but when you strap yourself into a no doors , sitting on the floor with a million miles of headroom style of car, it tells your brain, this is not my tintop
it drives differently, its fun, and the brakes feel so different, its as though there connected to the peddle :o

steve
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:56 pm

Welcome Katie, nice to see a token female on the forum, I'm sure our real female, Linda, will be pleased with a little "female" company even if it is just at weekends. :D

Unassisted brakes take a little getting used to and needs quite a bit more effort. If your systems up to spec and similar to others, I'm sure it'll stop you when it needs to. What calipers and discs are you running?
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

SJLB

Postby SJLB » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:25 pm

Hi Ross, welcome to the club, hope to see you out and about on a run soon.
Steve
Westfield Megabusa, Bromley, Kent.

Red27

Postby Red27 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:57 pm

b33fy wrote:I'm sure our real female, Linda, will be pleased with a little "female" company...

Oi Mike, who says I'm one of those - I'm a Geezer Bird :lol: :lol:

I hate servo brakes. I get in the tin top, and I just wait for all jolts as I head for the windscreen only to be stopped by the seatbelt every time I even think of going near the brake. Best solution if you're not convinced about your brakes yet, drive your Westy more, tin top less!

Welcome along Ross, great 'handle' :lol:
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

Dick

Postby Dick » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:30 am

Hi Ross and welcome to the club

kirmodawn1

Postby kirmodawn1 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:05 am

You should note that non standard pads usually have fairly poor stopping power until they get hot. It common for cars to struggle at MOT because there is no heat in the brakes. I run Greenstuff pads with large discs and a servo. On normal driving they work adequately but on a blat or track they are much better. So it depends what how you use your car.

Bob
Quantum 2+2 Zetec Turbo

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”