Hi Everyone

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

Parks

Hi Everyone

Postby Parks » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:03 am

Well I just bought a Fisher Fury Le Mans ..white with blue stripes...many of you would of seen it for sale at Castle Combe last Saturday. I had initially been looking for a 7...and had viewed a few the previous week or two..but came to Combe with an open mind to see if anything else took my fancy. Well looking around the Fury had caught my eye immediately but firstly didn't see any signs that it was for sale...and thought because it was gorgeous...out of my budget. Then noticed small for sale sign on the drivers seat but with no price....so.still thought out of my budget.. Owner ...A great guy called Steve Matthews came over said he was with a very heavy heart selling...infact he was in two minds. And scarily just at the top end of my budget. After a quick ride along with Steve outside of Combe....I had already decided she had to be mine. After a bit of haggling. .Steve got the asking price...lol. He was I think devastated to be selling...poor guy i know what it's like to sell a car you love... well Monday afternoon Steve picked me up at Cheltenham railway station...and we went to his house to view and test drive car and maybe the deal to be finalised. We sat at his kitchen table going through an absolutely detailed history of build and paperwork that he had kept. Invoices in order...even down to jubilee clips for £1.39..you get the picture... so two hours later I actually got to see the car for first time since Saturday...and i cam tell you....wow...more I look the better she becomes. We both them took it in turns in taking her for a blast...Steve being quite emotional knowing it was more than likely the last time he would be at the wheel. Back to the house...money transferred. ..cars finally mine...After I had been on road for 5 mins I received a text from Steve saying he was in his kitchen crying like a girl....poor guy. I really feel for him. Anyway. ..5 days later I have managed to drive the car at least once a day....and love every single moment. Plans are rolling road tune up....geometry set up session... and planning trips around the UK and Europe. Looking forward to meeting as many as you as I can in the near future.

Tony B
Site Admin

Re: Hi Everyone

Postby Tony B » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:07 am

Welcome to SKCC Pete - cant wait to see the car in the flesh, pity you haven't already got it set up because a load of us are off the the Alps/Dolomites this coming Friday - what better way to test it 8-)

Parks

Postby Parks » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:12 am

Work and childcare the only things stopping me. I'm sure I can make another tour at some point.

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:07 pm

Excellent, I have my Fury at work today, (quite close to you(ish) 50 miles to the east), but it's normally in Guildford. I saw your car at Castle coombe & took a few photos because the guy that sits next to me wants one, but you got there first.

If I can be any help with the Fury side (as opposed to the general kit-car side) PM me. If the geometry hasn't been set up, it's quite likely the car will be transformed. I thought mine was good until I had the geometry done.

They are excellent cars - it'll do anything a se7en can do & quite a lot a se7en won't. I can well understand why the guy was upset to see it go.

If I remember right it's a full-screen, no doors car?

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:19 pm

Welcome!

I remember Paul and I commented how nice it looked, very pretty car. What engine does she have?
9 is more than a number

Parks

Postby Parks » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:25 pm

Hi guys.... yes a full screen and no doors...
It has a 2.0 ltr pinto and I believe a slightly tuned running with Honda hornet carbs...induction sound is to die for. ..The exhaust once pushed is nice sounding...slightly fluffy at lower revs.
The car is gorgeous...and although the last owner and builder set the geometry up himself...and seems to run really well Is like to get it set up professionally. I will no doubt be asking lots of questions . I had mine in work too...just got caught in a very slight shower.

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:10 pm

Sounds like a great car, and the Fury is as good to drive as any Seven. Welcome to SKCC :)

Larkingabout

Postby Larkingabout » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:32 pm

Well done on the purchase it sounds a great car,,. I looked very hard at the Fury when changing cars but couldn't find one at the time. Remember, photos please or it didn't happen
James
The man in the Red Coat

scotty

Postby scotty » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:09 pm

Well done on the new arrival i looked at them but there wasnt any in my budget but maybe next time! Cant wait to see the pics and maybe in the flesh one day.
Luego with a mighty 104bhp!!!

SJLB

Postby SJLB » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:35 pm

Hi Parks,

what a great introduction, nearly brought a tear to my eye!

Seriously though, it's great to see someone so enthusiastic about their new car and I bet you can't wait to get out on a decent run and have everyone kick the tyres over a cup of coffee.

Welcome
Steve
Westfield Megabusa, Bromley, Kent.

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”