new Member - Near Southampton Hants

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

Dave Z

Re: new Member - Near Southampton Hants

Postby Dave Z » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:43 pm

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Q ... directlink

Alex, very sorry to hear of your accident.

Don't let them take the car away, you lose all your bargaining power if they have it.

probably not the best time to ask, but where did you get your exhaust header made?

dave

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:01 am

The way it works for tin tops is you get the write-off value then you separately claim against the other owner assuming it is his fault for the difference to end up with a comparable like-for-like replacement (as in law you are entitled to what you had immediately prior to accident). This is a route for kit cars too but more difficult due to not may comparable ones about.

I recently bought gap insurance and that seems to be a great solution (probably only for tin tops). Basically within three years, if a write off I get a replacement car equal to what I bought and when I bought it. So I bought a 2 year old car and in 3 years time I could get another two year old car. All for about £150. Search the internet as there are some good deals at (in my case) 30% of the dealer's offering.

Really sorry that you are faced with such a problem. Good luck.
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control, Quaife LSD. Now with big brother 1973 TR6 being totally body-off restored.

Alextreme

Postby Alextreme » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:09 am

Dave, by exhaust headers, do you mean the manifold?
If so this was supplied by Quantum them selves.
BTW what is the car in your picture?
Richard, when the insurance is only £104 for the car, £150 is alot! Hopefully I should be able to agree a decent amount from the other parties insurance co and I am looking at getting an independent assessor
Alex

Dave Z

Postby Dave Z » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:30 am

Hi Alex
yes the manifold, my car is a Gemini made by Autotune and is a copy of a 60's Elva Falcon.
Dave

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:13 am

Alextreme wrote:btw what is the car shown on your user info :-)?

That's my Fury.

http://www.furysportscars.co.uk/

There's a couple here as you're about to come into some money

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FISHER-FURY-YELLOW-/321877572942?hash=item4af165fd4e

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/kit-cars/fisher/fisher------fury/4727204

Alextreme

Postby Alextreme » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:42 am

Very nice looking car! the PH car looks a bit scruffy and with a dodgy gearbox!
My last car was yellow and although I have the OK from my OH to get a replacement, she was never keen on yellow! I am sure I would get away with yellow again however a different colour would make my lifer easier! I've see a Ginetta G27 which looks great - however it is yellow (again!)
Alex

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:43 pm

Alextreme wrote:Richard, when the insurance is only £104 for the car, £150 is alot!

That's £150 covering 3 years and the shortfall will be a few thousand in any write-off. In my tin top case in three years time I could get back £15,000 + and also a car that is only two years old, not five.

The gap insurance is probably a bit awkward for a kit car as all they need is the original invoice and assumes a built car, I guess.
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control, Quaife LSD. Now with big brother 1973 TR6 being totally body-off restored.

Alextreme

Postby Alextreme » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:54 pm

Hi All, the insurance discussions are still on-going. Will keep the forum updated.

However being someone who does not to not have a toy to play with - I have a replacement :-).... a Ginetta G27! :-)

A bit different and not so frantic but a really good looking car in my view. It a series 3 with pop-up headlights

Cheers
Alex

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:25 pm

Photos man, PHOTOS!

Alextreme

Postby Alextreme » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:55 pm

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”