Newbie Yank in Germany

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

Dudefladge

Re: Newbie Yank in Germany

Postby Dudefladge » Thu May 12, 2016 11:26 am

Trying to post for the Bagillionth time... :-(

Dudefladge

Postby Dudefladge » Thu May 12, 2016 11:29 am

Okay,... What gives? I got tired of re-typing the same message over and over and it not posting...

So I typed in on a Word document so I could just copy/paste it... Still doesn't work.... So,...

I understand. 16th is the Fun Day. You drive up the 15th, Enjoy the 16th and go home.

My son's birthday happens to be the 17th (20 years old), so it will be a good reason (excuse?) to go. ;)

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Thu May 12, 2016 11:37 am

Good show :D

Looking forward to meeting you and your son at Spa :D :D

Dudefladge

Postby Dudefladge » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:55 am

It doesn't look like we will make it to Spa after all... :(

We might go to Bitburg for the day on Saturday to catch up with the friends I used to autocross and drag race with back in 2005-2009. 1on1-motorsports is a club that rents a runway for 1/4 mile drag racing and a large area for autocross a few weekends each summer.

Chase and I did manage to get the Ginetta frame out of the storage unit and over to the house so we can begin the arduous task of trying to put it back together.

We took the obligatory "Locost" type photo. Here is Chase checking to see if driving upside down makes it feel like he is driving on the right side of the road again... LOL

Ginetta Locost pose.jpg
Ginetta Locost pose.jpg (171.6 KiB) Viewed 3183 times

Actually, I just don't know how to rotate the photo the right way... :oops:

Red27

Postby Red27 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:26 pm

I had the same thing happen to me at the weekend (upside down photo). I was using my phone. Wonder if it's something to do with having my phone upside down at the time? It might correct itself on that when you're looking at it, but not when you upload it. I'll have to try that theory out....
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

Dudefladge

Postby Dudefladge » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:56 pm

Well,... As with most things... My summer did not include much (any) of the car schtuff I wanted it to...

I have recently been in contact with a couple Ginetta G20 owners that I believe will be good sources for parts and information for my basket case project.

Del from Reflex Racing will be at Cadwell Park for the CSCC Classic Car Championships in a couple weeks. I would love to try and go... See the first sentence above... :-(

Dudefladge

Nurburgring

Postby Dudefladge » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:32 pm

Well,... It isn't in a Kit Car, but after years of wishing I am finally going to "The Ring" for some laps!

A friend is heading down there Sunday in his M3 and I get to ride shotgun. I can't wait!

Hopefully that will inspire me to bump my Ginetta project a little bit higher on the priority list...

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”