Newbie Yank in Germany

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

Nash

Re: Newbie Yank in Germany

Postby Nash » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:42 pm

Be careful of the convincing your wife scenario! These are raw experiences and I don't know many "wives" who enjoy the experience of no windscreen, roof or heater and ballistic performance.

Just be careful it doesn't blow up in your face and you end up with a "stock" car.
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:57 pm

Nash wrote:Be careful of the convincing your wife scenario! Just be careful it doesn't blow up in your face

That's a good night in in my house :D

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:06 am

Head office likes cars that can be used for touring. Her criteria is, heater, comfortable seats, luggage space, roof and not so much noise that she cannot hear her iPod. :D oh, and a car that has no performance :P

That said it has been a task to get her enthusiastic about the French Frolic and then the Italian road trip in the Ultima :lol: :lol: I thought it fitted the criteria but she added that the luggage space would not fit her case. :o I am more worried about having tyres left after three track days and the fuel for the trip :geek:

She would rather go on a cruise :roll:

That said it is less than 150 miles to Spa and both cars are quick and rear wheel drive!

Dudefladge

Postby Dudefladge » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:11 am

My boss likes the modern comforts as well, but she is willing to let me explore this new adventure.

She even autocrossed my SRT4 once at Bitburg. She really enjoyed it and wanted to do it again, but it just didn't happen. She has a very competitive side that is itching to get behind the wheel and race. I just know it! :twisted:

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Crunchie Gears wrote:Ultima :lol: :lol: I thought it fitted the criteria but she added that the luggage space would not fit her case. :o

But it's got that big rack thing on the back. :D

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:36 pm

:lol: :lol: She is not going near that rack :o

Dudefladge

Postby Dudefladge » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:27 am

I am now the owner of my first kit car!

Or more accurately,... I am the owner of a bunch of parts that resemble a kit car... :lol:

I bought a pile of spare parts, chassis and body that will hopefully be assembled into a Ginetta G20.

Stuart Pearson moved up to racing G40s, so sold me one of his old chassis along with a stack of parts to get me started. I also bought a neat little trailer from Jon Ison.

My son, Mike, and I went on a road trip from Wiesbaden up to Rotterdam, onto a ferry to Hull, down to Skegness, over to Huddersfield, up to Leeds, back to Hull, back onto a ferry to Rotterdam, and back home to Wiesbaden this weekend.

It isn't anything to look at currently, but I hope to roll up my sleeves and get something going for some autocross fun soon (or eventually... ;-).

Sorry, it won't be street legal to enjoy the open road with the Club. Just a track toy.

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:01 am

WELL PLAYED THAT MAN! :D

That was a weekend & a half you had there. Enjoy building it up - oh & we need pictures.

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:31 pm

The G20 is a good looking tool and is a great car too. Wish you luck with the build :D :D

Keep us all updated :)

Dudefladge

Postby Dudefladge » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:57 pm

Trying to share a picture or two. It really is nothing to look at yet. There will be plenty of learning to do with this one. As you can see, Stuart gave me extra body pieces. It needs them. :roll:
Attachments
IMG_0728.JPG
IMG_0728.JPG (178.17 KiB) Viewed 3868 times
IMG_0714.JPG
IMG_0714.JPG (90.94 KiB) Viewed 3868 times
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (143.11 KiB) Viewed 3868 times

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”