So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

Matt97

Postby Matt97 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:49 pm

Thought I'd say hello, was told about the group through another forum a little while ago but I've only just signed up! Anyway I'm Matt and current have a road going Ginetta G20, a brief story of how I came to purchase the car.

I'm 19 and was looking at getting a new everyday car this year although everything I liked the look of was eye watering on insurance, this is when I was looking through the classifieds one evening and saw the Ginetta, I immediately liked the look so decided to go and view the car. Once I had seen it in the flesh I wanted it so the everyday car idea went out the door and so far I am glad I took the plunge and went for it.

Bought the car on just over 5,000 miles and have done just over 2,000 miles in it so far since February. It's a completely standard car with the 1800 silvertop zetec, plenty quick enough for my age/driving ability as well although i wouldn't mind putting some throttle bodies on it eventually. Not had to do too much to it, new cambelt, idle control valve and coil/leads, there are a few little cosmetic issues I'd like to get sorted but it's not that bad. I've put a few pics below, it's not too everyone's taste but it's a bit different and that's why i chose it.

Would be good to meet with some of you although I'm in West Berkshire and not sure if anyone's that close or not.

Cheers
Matt

andyf

Re: New Member

Postby andyf » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:06 pm

Welcome. The car looks good. I'm over in Yateley, north west Hampshire.
MkII Marlin Roadster with Ford 2.0L Pinto and Type 9 gearbox. Going for the oily rag restoration look :-)

graham b

Postby graham b » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:06 pm

Welcome matt
You have come to the right place
To enjoy not only your car but early morning runs and road trips both in the UK and Europe.
We have a matt 93 as well but he is a lot older than the 93 suggests. :lol:
graham b
Lotus elise
Supercharged.
BBR Mx5
caterham R300
Westfield seiw
Tiger e1

SJLB

Postby SJLB » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:19 pm

Welcome to SKCC
Steve
Westfield Megabusa, Bromley, Kent.

Martin S

Postby Martin S » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Tidy looking kit :D welcome to skcc

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:52 pm

Welcome to the club that's a good looking car I look forward to seeing it in the flesh on a run.
And graham yes the 93 isn't to do with my age, it was my race number but I'm sure you knew that 8-)

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:59 pm

Hi Matt, welcome onboard, i do like the look of a Ginetta - as for who's near ....tut tut, surely you've realised that distance is just an excuse to use the car for longer/fun run outs?
Lok forward to seeing it in the flesh...we have a Club Day on the 18th Sept - details in the Group section.....we'll be ending up down near Chichester.......come along?

steve m

Postby steve m » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:27 pm

Welcome

nice car !!

as for the Mat bit we have a few,

steve
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Nash

Postby Nash » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:39 pm

Hi Mat and welcome to the club. I do like the G20. I'd be very interested to know who insures you and how much that costs (so would my son).

Once again welcome and hope to see you soon.

..... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Matt97

Postby Matt97 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:57 pm

Thanks for all the welcomes, like I say it would be good to meet with you all sometime. The 18th September sounds interesting, will have to see if I can make it. Would be a good run down as well :D .

Regards,
Matt

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”