Newbie saying Hi (hopefully)

So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

Flyingtiger

Newbie saying Hi (hopefully)

Postby Flyingtiger » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:02 pm

OK – popping my cherry on this site as a newbie to the kit car world!

Mike from Fleet, Hampshire – famous for it’s services! Cant decide if it’s my mid life crisis or just a scratch I wanted to itch! Not allowed motorbikes anymore so this is as close as it gets for big grins! Used to work as an instrument maker/fitter so have got my hands dirty – just hoping these days the grey matter can remember where all the bits go – or what to do with the bits left at the end! Luckily Utube and phone cameras have evolved since then.

Picked up the car just over a month ago – the grin is back!

Tiger Supercat built may 2005, 2.0 Zebec, Weber alpha throttle bodies/ECU put together by Chester Sports Cars who seem to have a good reputation and I see are still going.

Will try and add some pics, overall looks pretty reasonable, as always would like to make a few cosmetic tweaks to make it personal and give it a bit of a tidy. Nose cone has been resprayed with a rattle can so need to look at wrap/painting.

The mechanics seem OK overall, engine runs/sounds good and pulls very nicely. Gear changes are not as smooth as I’d like but spoken to Tiger racing and they think a new remote and short shift should sort that.

Bit of an issue with the clutch though which seems to be getting worse. I will post my woes later but looks like I’ll be rolling up my sleeves and getting my hand dirty again very soon! Still, with engine and gearbox out, I can service and check all is OK.

Once sorted, would like to join a few run outs/meets as well as trying some track days next year.
Tiger Supercat 2.0 Zetec.

DJ.

Re: Newbie saying Hi (hopefully)

Postby DJ. » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:16 pm

Welcome to SKCC :)
When you get a chance we'd all like to see photos of your Tiger. Hope you cash fix the clutch easily.

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:31 pm

Welcome on board Mike, supercats are great cars and there's a few been around the club.

You won't find a shortage of help on here.... And really looking forward to seeing you out on a run

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:42 pm

Hi Mike,
Welcome on board, fellow tiger owner.
Good to see some photos.
All the best with your tiger
Kev
Cat E1
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:11 pm

welcome Mike, well a supercat was my first foray into this wacky world....loved that car.....
there's no douybt a few pointers that a few of us can pass your way over a brekkie....talking of which, what are you doing on the 2nd sunday in December....we have our Xmas brekkie where new and old can get together (with/without kits) for a good old banter.

ps/ David T is in your immediate area ( fleet).....and Andy F and crunchie are down/up the road a short way....

andyf

Postby andyf » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:54 pm

Hi Mike, I'm in Yateley. David and I are often out for local runs from Blackbushe to the White lion Antiques car meet on a Sunday morning. Look forward to seeing you out and about.
MkII Marlin Roadster with Ford 2.0L Pinto and Type 9 gearbox. Going for the oily rag restoration look :-)

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:09 pm

Welcome to SKCC :D Might be worth looking at the gearbox remote from Rally Design before you commit to the Tiger version, their version can be of 'variable' quality.......
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

Dicky94

Postby Dicky94 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:14 pm

Welcome to the club! Pictures please!

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:14 pm

Welcome to the SKCC, best place to be on the worldy wide web, also a lay-by in the early hours of the morning :shock: and a greasy spoon by breakie.. :D
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

locost220

Postby locost220 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:31 pm

Welcome Mike hope you get it sorted so you can really start scratching that itch.
Rich.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”