So you've just joined, why not say a few words to introduce yourself - a bit about you, your car - whatever!

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: New member

Postby greenwoo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:09 am

There's a few of us not a million miles from you....
The guys at snodhurst garage have Tigers ( nr chatham area), they look after a few of our cars .....
Beefy - mike is marden way
Nash - Neil is ashford
Myself + Kegco (kev) are 7oaks
and there's a few other around maidstone'ish

I don't track mine that often, but have been thinking about looking out for one at Brands in March.....if the stars align.
Mark

leegav

Postby leegav » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:15 am

welcome to the club..

sweet looking car. love the livery... :D 8-)

i have a tiger r6
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

Oconnorcal

Postby Oconnorcal » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:24 am

greenwoo wrote:There's a few of us not a million miles from you....
The guys at snodhurst garage have Tigers ( nr chatham area), they look after a few of our cars .....
Beefy - mike is marden way
Nash - Neil is ashford
Myself + Kegco (kev) are 7oaks
and there's a few other around

I don't track mine that often, but have been thinking about looking out for one at Brands in March.....if the stars align.
Mark

Be great to meet up with other owners. I'm also hoping to get to brands in March. Hoping for better weather. Last weeks trackday was in the snow and rain. Still a great day out tho.

Oconnorcal

Postby Oconnorcal » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:26 am

[quote="leegav"]welcome to the club..

sweet looking car. love the livery... :D 8-)

i have a tiger r6[/

Thanks buddy

Tony T

Postby Tony T » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:33 pm

Welcome mate see you on a run.this is me orpington and Wingco swanley
Tony T
Attachments
1510309114332.jpg
1510309114332.jpg (36.53 KiB) Viewed 3511 times

Oconnorcal

Postby Oconnorcal » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:12 pm

Tony T wrote:Welcome mate see you on a run.this is me orpington and Wingco swanley
Tony T

Thank you. Where do most meets and drives happen? I've only ever seen one other kit local in my area. Not many round this way. Hoping to meet up with other kit owners

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:45 pm

meets & runs.
This very much a members club, meaning that the runs posted in 'Members runs' are those that anyone can suggest/arrange/partake in.
Because kits are fewer on the ground in concentration, tends to mean that there's a drive to the 'drive' .
There's nothing to prevent you from suggesting a run yourself, they key is; show flexibility - ie/ how about a run from somewhere around 'x' to 'y'.....if you get specific and want it to start at the end of your road - well it isnt going to work.
similarly - pick a day/date/(+rough time)....we've seen suggestions like i live in 'x' if maybe we would all go out one day, and they get little traction.

I'd be up for a mid kent run, car will be ready for the weekend after this after a final winter fettle.

Meets.
we don;'t do the evening/sunday at 12.00 type thing, again that's not to say that someone can't suggest/promote one....we've had this 'discussion' over the years. Many of us use a sunday run as a 'meet', either by doing the run or joining at whatever Cafe is the destination. About a yr ago someone wanted to do evening meets, a bunch of us went along and guess what....the organizer dropped out after 2 'meets'. Not the end of the world as it gave a few of us an excuse to see each other....but as i mentioned, many of us do that via the weekend drives or come the longer nights, midweek evening runs.

In essence, if you have an idea that you want to promote/do, then share it and see what action it gets. Sometimes it can take 2-3 attempts to get 'buy in', depending on day/time/location.
and if you want to suggest a run but don't know where/how etc, just drop me a PM and can help, either with generic info or a route suggestion.
chrs
Mark

SteveRST

Postby SteveRST » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:59 pm

That's a nice looking car.

Hope to see you out and about soon. There's two runs posted up for this Sunday if you're keen to get stuck in. Not going to be very busy runs out mind, as it is bloody freezing out there :lol:
I notice that the meet times have not been posted yet for the below runs, but it is usually early, around 07:15. You can also elect to skip the 'driving' part and head straight to breakfast - which is usually around 09:30 ish.

I'm usually up for a trackday :)

Steve
Westfield Zetec turbo & Westfield Megabusa turbo

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:36 pm

Your car looks great :)
Yellow is always a good colour........

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:47 pm

Hi Calvin, welcome to the club, probably the best club in the world !!
Great looking car you have, to clean though !!
You have joined a really friendly and enjoyable club, there is always things going on during the summer and at weekends.

Hope to see you around sometime
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Return to “New Members - Say Hello Please”