Near miss and then big one yesterday!

Discuss or post news on Motorsport and Car Shows

Moderator: Contaminated

jeffw

Re: Near miss and then big one yesterday!

Postby jeffw » Mon May 20, 2019 9:19 am

Out of interest, why is it so difficult to drive without power assistance? Most non-power steering cars I've driven are only a struggle at low, parking type speeds.

Rexholme

Postby Rexholme » Mon May 20, 2019 9:34 am

Well if you want to work on your non-PAS skills, I am probably karting all day in Furnboro' Tuesday. Feel free to show me up :D

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Mon May 20, 2019 9:42 am

jeffw wrote:Out of interest, why is it so difficult to drive without power assistance? Most non-power steering cars I've driven are only a struggle at low, parking type speeds.

Jeff it is ridiculously heavy. We had the chassis put on the jig in January and now the steering is so heavy I cannot turn the wheel and change gear. The issue is made worse as the gear change gets heavier when the car is under load and the seat is to bing for me.

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Mon May 20, 2019 10:44 am

Without wishing to teach you to suck eggs, I presume you are paying to run the car so get them (PT?) to sort these issues out.

Sounds like a seat insert is required that is moulded to you and a suspension change as it should be perfectly possible to turn the steering with PAS once the car is rolling. How is it possible for the gearchange to be harder under lateral load unless something is moving which shouldn't?

I hope you are feeling better :D

It sounds like there is a setup issue which causes the steering to be heavy and the PAS isn't up to the loads.

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Mon May 20, 2019 10:45 am

Sorry to hear about your car Paul but as all have said at least you’re ok if a little achy.

Glad the car and all the kit did their job. Hopefully you’ll be back up and running behind the wheel before long.

David T

Postby David T » Mon May 20, 2019 12:46 pm

Oh dear, sorry to hear that. Main thing is you are ok, and a few aches should hopefully go soon.

SteveRST

Postby SteveRST » Mon May 20, 2019 3:48 pm

Hope you're feeling 100% soon Paul, and that the car can be sorted without too much delay.
Westfield Zetec turbo & Westfield Megabusa turbo

Return to “Motorsport and Car Shows”