Activity / Sprint day anyone??

Discuss or post news on Motorsport and Car Shows

Moderator: Contaminated

James

Re: Activity / Sprint day anyone??

Postby James » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:06 pm

with the above in mind id still go for the fun option, yes sprinting is fun but if we cough up 135 and find it isnt to our liking it's going to leave a sour taste. imo the more of us going sideways the better then may a Taster built into that day of what the 135 option would involve. That way the rest of us cqn decide if we want to attend another event later on..

Just my op :)

Furyblade_Lee

Postby Furyblade_Lee » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:34 pm

Are you a Lotus-on-track member James? Through them an activity day is only £25, half price but members only. They run a LOT-only day once a month. I am there on the 20th. If we can get 12 its only £79, and will be more focused and more tracktime. The fundays are fun but he does not sit with you or anything, that is what I need. I think I already have 3 definates.

James

Postby James » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:52 pm

You hit the nail on the head then lee "Sprint" driving is what you need.... their is only a handfull of people i can think of on here who would be intrested in that mate, the rest drive their cars for pleasure......

Of course im a LoT member :)

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:28 pm

Lee, out of interest when you mantion Sprint tuition, is it really focused towards that or shall we say car control in a track oriented way? I had the impression from their website and talking to them ( not Andy a receptionist ) that the tuition based days were aimed at getting folks quicker, more confident and more comfortable in preparation for the track.
That being the case i'm in and i suspect so would Eliseman be.

I/m still game for a fun day there, but eyes firmly on more tuition based stuff as well be that 4;1 or 6;2.

Furyblade_Lee

Postby Furyblade_Lee » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:28 pm

Yep, pretty much anything you do with Andy will make you a better driver! I only mentioned Sprinting because what he does there is similar to an airfield sprint anyway. Track driving for me should be learnt on track as the speeds much higher and surface different. The day always ends up on a "sprint" type circuit so ideal opportuninty to learn a few sprinting tips. Like how your particular car will differ if you take the same corner with no throttle, trailing throttle or under power. Or what happens if you brake hard turning into a corner or do/dont heel and toe in a safe environment. Andy does teach you some bizarre techniques! Like doing 75mph into a 90 degree bend using only two fingers outstreched on the top of the steering wheel to turn in.... then taking those two fingers off the wheel while in a huge 75mph oppo slide and the car miraculously righting itself..... And standing HARD on the brakes in sliding situations you would never dream of and the car sorting itself out... Fun and bizarre at the same time. He knows his stuff, did some testing for the Benetton F1 team, i'll let him tell you why he stopped doing it........................................................ :o

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:45 pm

noted Lee - either way i'm up for both types of day ( and as mentioned before pretty sure that Chris with the Elise will be as well as we talked about the 4:1 tuition a while back but couldnt get the right date to suit the 4 of us that were up for it )....

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:44 am

North Weald is very bumpy when I did a Sprint there earlier in the year. I have another event there at the end of August.

Return to “Motorsport and Car Shows”