Fisher Fury / Sylva open day at BGH Geartech Sunday 22nd Aug

Discuss or post news on Motorsport and Car Shows

Moderator: Contaminated

Furyblade_Lee

Fisher Fury / Sylva open day at BGH Geartech Sunday 22nd Aug

Postby Furyblade_Lee » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:22 pm

Anyone going? 10am till 4pm in Cranbrook, Kent. If you are into Ford RWD gearboxes, worth going to look at their 'boxs, they will show you how a gearbox is built up, quite baffling!!!! I am going to the Pistonheads Sunday Service near Goodwood first at the Rolls Royce factory (doing tours) , then heading over there on a cross country hoon about 11.30 to arrive about !3.00 / 13.30.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Fisher Fury / Sylva open day at BGH Geartech Sunday 22nd Aug

Postby greenwoo » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:51 am

Lee, there's a thread either in the members / group about BGH open day a cple of guys had said they'd mosey across, although i guess all before you get there! I missed the RR Pistonheads thread. I dont know if its closed now or even if i can wangle the time. Are you doing a run down there with PH or some pals?

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:48 pm

Furyblade_Lee wrote:Anyone going? 10am till 4pm in Cranbrook, Kent. If you are into Ford RWD gearboxes, worth going to look at their 'boxs, they will show you how a gearbox is built up, quite baffling!!!! I am going to the Pistonheads Sunday Service near Goodwood first at the Rolls Royce factory (doing tours) , then heading over there on a cross country hoon about 11.30 to arrive about !3.00 / 13.30.

hi mate ,i like the sound of that ,i could meet you there and then hoon up to kent with you , cheers paul

Furyblade_Lee

Postby Furyblade_Lee » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:02 pm

Yes Paul no problem, could be fun. I am going down following a few mates in a 1970's Rolls Royce! White with white leather, concourse condition. We are going to do the next run dressed as Arabs with two big Cibe Oscar spotlights bolted to the front bumper, a la The Cannonball Run. Not this run though! We will travelling down from Croydon / Caterham ? Godstone if anybody wants to join us .

Furyblade_Lee

Postby Furyblade_Lee » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:22 am

Just a bump to remind folks about this. There is usually a good turnout at Fisher events and lots of people willing to give rides etc. Bike engined and car engined. Several race cars there too. Anyone wants to meet up my mobile number is 07801 475568. If the weather is good I may hoon down through Camber and Fairlight afterwards.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:20 am

a few of us are going after our early Sunday Run, if you're doing the goodwood thing 1st Lee i imagine that we'll have gone before you get there. as i reckon to be there 10.30 ish.

Furyblade_Lee

Postby Furyblade_Lee » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:06 pm

I never made it to the open day..... As we left Goodwood we hit 30 mins of traffic getting out of the town, and while stationary we were treated to an absolute storm and the car was basically flooded inside. Then when we did get moving the weather got worse and I had 2 MASSIVE aquaplaning moments near Lewes. The second one was serious, it nearly span us into a lorry. Thats when i had my sense of humour bypass and headed home on the lanes to keep the speeds down. The 888's are shocking in a storm, those who know me may rember thats how my Fury met its maker in France 5 years ago. A set of Yoko 21's are going back on ASAP. A poop end to a great morning, it was good to find out that tasteless Chinese and Russian gangsters are keeping Rolls Royce afloat!

James

Postby James » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:12 pm

had some amazing aquaplaning on the way home too! awsome fun but makes ya bum twitch :shock: it's the poxy lorry ruts in lanes felt like the 7 was on ice at times, i think it's time for the way overpriced CR500 to go back on!

Furyblade_Lee

Postby Furyblade_Lee » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Certainly bum twitching James! Two lanes, inside lane totally f***** with ruts, outside lane full of Range Rovers doing 90 mph 12" off my rear :roll: Deep Joy!

Return to “Motorsport and Car Shows”