Car Art/Photography Styles

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

b33fy

Car Art/Photography Styles

Postby b33fy » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:12 pm

Always looking for a photography style I like and can use as a bit of a trademark. I do enjoy car art especially motorsports pictures as long as they are not too abstract or grunge. Been messing about looking for a water colour look that I'm happy with. Not quite there with it but a few efforts below.

Any thoughts?
Attachments
Brands Hatch WC3.jpg
Brands Hatch WC1.jpg
Arran WC4 (2).jpg
Arran WC2.jpg
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

DJ.

Re: Car Art/Photography Styles

Postby DJ. » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:13 pm

Best not to ask me really, if it's a photo, I like it to look like a nice sharp well exposed photo.

Having said that they do look pretty good to my eye, but most artists take the paint to a fairly even distance to the edge of the page.

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:56 pm

DJ. wrote:Best not to ask me really, if it's a photo, I like it to look like a nice sharp well exposed photo.

Having said that they do look pretty good to my eye, but most artists take the paint to a fairly even distance to the edge of the page.

Totally get where you’re coming from Duncan. A photo should be a good representation of the subject. Some purists won’t adjust the image from the camera. Unless you get everything spot on and have a top spec camera 99.9% of shots benefit from a bit of processing. The trick is to not make it obvious to the viewer.

Got some different masks and borders I might try with the water colour stuff might give them a go with the right images, maybe seaside/landscape.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:52 am

those didn't grab me Mike, but art is so much a personal choice....
guess depends where you're headed with that thought.
My 1st impression was that you'd gone to the trouble of taking a sharp vibrant pic and then diluted it, which made me think of something using a filter on a phone or similar and masking the crappy photo with a filter.

Maybe landscape would be better, but like Duncan, felt the 'border' invasive

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:55 am

I quite like the Caterhams. :D :D I would put that on the wall in my office (it would not get head office approval for the house) :roll:

Not sure about the saloon cars as the Saxo is more in focus than it should be in my opinion.

If it is about making money with the right subject you could have numbered prints and sell them at craft fairs. If you could sell them for £25 each and ran a limited number of one hundred even after costs you could make 2k?

Just a thought!

Paul

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:25 pm

Thanks Paul appreciated, hopefully will grab one of you behind the wheel of the Morgan sometime soon.

Thanks Mark, my thinking is whilst they are not bad shots, they are a bit same old.. same old, mostly due to the limited access around the track and other toggers queuing for the same space/angle. Trying to add a different twist, more interest to them. Will keep messing about with other effects and see where it goes.

Another effort below.
Attachments
9268F7D9-92AE-4C1F-BEF3-CE3D1C54DF11.jpeg

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”