Old git moaning

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

Tony C

Re: Old git moaning

Postby Tony C » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:23 pm

nelmo wrote:
Tony C wrote:As for global warming and the environment I'm with David Attenborough all day long. The state of the planet is a disgrace, we all need to do our bit.

So you'll be selling the Fury then, yeah? :twisted: :D

Actually, 'scrapping' not 'selling' because it's no point just giving it to someone else to keep polluting with it.

Long since sold actually, and I'd imagine the contribution to global warming from kit cars is minute anyway...it's more complex than people just driving cars of any sort anyway
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:44 am

I doff my cap to Car SOS for actually replying to my email.....

Thank you for your email.

To put you and your friends out of your misery. Of course we have a time frame to do the cars ! We are not hobbyists – Car SOS is a business. We are making a television series with a tight budget and deadlines to hit. When each car is booked in to the workshop the workshop team are given a deadline to finish the car. It is all worked out to fit our busy filming schedule and of course to hit the reveal dates which have to be booked in well in advance in order to make sure the car’s owner is going to be there . The cars are ‘overlapped’ over a 36 week recording period. The late nights you see on TV are real.

However from the sound of your email you are still watching repeats of series 1 and 2 where we had a three week deadline – 8 years later our budget has increased and we usually turn the cars around in 5 weeks. We are able to do this as we have a large and efficient workshop team and many outsourced providers. Do remember Car SOS is a TV programme aimed at the widest possible audience (not just for petrolheads) and is not a documentary.

Hope that helps you guys with your conundrum.

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:06 pm

“ We are able to do this as we have a large and efficient workshop team and many outsourced providers”.

I’d love to know how many man hours and ££’s they chuck at these cars!

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”