Spare Time !!

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Spare Time !!

Postby greenwoo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:52 pm

erm, if you haven't tried editing and have time on your hands, then a good way to pass that time. For sure editing won't turn a crap pic into a masterpiece, but amazing how much better its possible to make an average image - without it becoming 'fake'. And that can apply just as well to a phone shot pic.
Possibly making the difference between keeping an image or deleting....
If you want inspiration as to what can be achieved easily - take a look at this vid, the guy has tons, mainly about Lightroom...but also other programs too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bECi0ZQAB34

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:01 am

Totally with Mark, there’s a small misinformed school of thought that eu natural is best straight from the camera. On occasions images may be fine, though the camera is a machine/computer and has limitations with capabilities well below the human eye, dynamic range for one. It’s worth spending a bit of time learning and tweaking images you can always undo things if you don’t like them.

As Mark says the trick is to not make it too obvious, though I’m guilty of that, liking to experiment.

Adding a bit of contrast to images taken on a dulL day, reducing glare or increasing detail in shadows are handy simple skills that can enhance an otherwise mediocre image. Not everyone’s taste though, a before and after example below.
Attachments
E5B1D8F6-033F-4865-8A33-F35B8F66C9A5.jpeg
E78882DB-5D45-43F5-ADD9-7084093C75E3.jpeg
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:00 am

Ok you have got my attention, do I have to spend loads of money to get these pieces of software ?
I do like the way that photo has changed Mike
I use windows at the moment as my pc but never used the built in software, can windows offer me something that's free ?
Are there many free downloads to use, what are you both using to change your images ?
I popped out to Swanley park yesterday. took a few snaps and would like to have a play with the photos I've taken.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:34 am

Loads of freeware out there. Basic editing in windows or join Flickr upload and use their editing software which is pretty good. It’s free (with adverts).

I use lightroom which is £10 a month subscription. Stays up to date and is one of the best editing software suite’s out there.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:22 pm

Colin...google had a suite of products which are now non supported/deveoper, called NIK software, if you can find a link to get them they work fine on windows are are free.
i'd personally try and stay away from anything that seems gimmicky.
Lightroom is for me the weapon of choice, but comes at a price - for me, although i havent been doing as much shooting of late its still worth it.
Not sure if there is a stripped down free version....
id' say that at a basic level its very easy to use , has auto features which get you part way to an end product, or perhaps the whole way depending on what you like.

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:29 pm

I have managed to get outside the last couple of days to do a bit on the kit car. Starting to put things back together now, fuel pump on the rear sub frame, handbrake cables back on and adjusted. Managed to get under the car and pop rivet the side panel back on to the underside of the chassis, Tony T lent me his air operated pop riveter, made the job much easier, also popped riveted the brake pipes back on to the chassis.
As most of you know the good lady likes popping out in the car now and then, well its about time she put some time in to the car to help me.
Sue.jpg

A bit of brake bleeding needed.
On that point, I was trying to bleed the fronts, loosened the nipple put the tube over it and pressed the pedal, but the fluid came out around the thread not through the top of the nipple, any thought guys please.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:11 pm

There’s probably just a bit of dirt blocking the hole in the nipple

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”