Coronavirus run outs

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

b33fy

Re: Coronavirus run outs

Postby b33fy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:46 pm

Nice act of kindness today.. swmbo popped up the local shop to get something for her break tomorrow and was chatting to the shopkeeper. A delivery driver came in and after being told by the shopkeeper she was a nurse facing this bug full on, he gave her a load of sandwiches free of charge to take in. Respect and thanks to him for this small gesture.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:55 pm

Good man, and he's doing a vital job too :)

danno

Postby danno » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:05 pm

This thread went off in a different direction. The upshot of my run out question has now been sealed for me. My car is locked down in its storage barn by the management, all my trackdays are cancelled by the operators, and even if I did have my car at home we now can't drive for fun as its not an essential trip. Game over for now. My new toy only has 350 miles on the clock! Gutted, but happy I'm not ill.

Good luck everyone. Hope to meet up when this all blows over. Fingers crossed for this summer.

Rexholme

Postby Rexholme » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:11 pm

I’m surprised the gamers on here haven’t done a digital members run and others haven’t bought PS4s or whatever the kids playing these days...

@Duncan. Daughter’s good so far, she’s a trooper, thanks for asking.

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:34 pm

Glad to hear she's getting better :)

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:21 pm

Cousin’s in-laws made the news, all for the wrong reasons, sadly Chris and Clare are unable to pay their last respects and attend the funeral because of the travel difficulties and current situation.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... SApp_Other

Other half is highly likely to be caring for known COVID cases from next week as they fill up the hospital, which means splitting up the family unit, unless we all want a dose of it..

Heyho.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:38 pm

Mike, That's terribly sad. All credit to your wife, my wife is still running her clinic at Crawley hospital, but fears being transferred to the wards.
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:43 pm

Tony C wrote:Mike, That's terribly sad. All credit to your wife, my wife is still running her clinic at Crawley hospital, but fears being transferred to the wards.

It got to me a bit Tony if I’m honest, must be awful not to be able to say goodbye to your parents.

Fingers crossed cases peak pretty soon and things settle down a bit.

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:56 pm

Very sad mike, thoughts are with your family.

Maybe I’ll forward this to the vile bitch estate Agent who on a daily basis is trying to convince an 84 year old customer of ours that it is safe for her to move home and she doesn’t know why we have closed the business!

At least it’s not as bad as people are making out eh?

Stay safe everyone
9 is more than a number

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:00 pm

My thoughts are with all the front line NHS staff. Our practice has been told by the NHS to close the door and just give phone advice and prescriptions if necessary. I did take a ladies tooth out on Monday, but definitely no drills to be used as we don't have the correct PPE.

We were asked if we'd like to volunteer to help the NHS, I am afraid I declined as only six weeks ago I was in CCU and also I don't want to bring the virus home to my diabetic wife :(

I honestly believe the lock down is currently necessary. We don't want to go the route Spain and Italy are going. But if we do save lots of lives, as soon as it is over, all the "experts" will be saying it was an over reaction and ruined the economy for no reason :(

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”