Coronavirus run outs

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

DJ.

Re: Coronavirus run outs

Postby DJ. » Wed May 06, 2020 6:30 am

I'm afraid the lockdown is crumbling. It can't go on much longer or there won't be any work to go back to.

I really feel for people on the front line, for example supermarket workers surrounded by idiots (like the one Tony wanted to knife) for a whole shift. They leave work, and the government expects them to just go home and sit and wait to see if they get symptoms, if they don't it is back to work! Surely they should be allowed some leeway to enjoy themselves out of work, they deserve it.

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Wed May 06, 2020 7:39 am

Does anyone think there will be much of a change from the government this Sunday ?
After reading some your experiences on this post, it seems they will have to do something but saying that the idiots seem to do what they won't anyway.
Being furloughed myself and my wife very busy working from home dealing with the NHS I have been doing the weekly shopping. You do get some bloody idiots who think they know best. Someone was arguing with one of the girls at Tesco Sidcup last week, why is taking so long to get in to do my shopping etc, I felt so very sorry for the girl but she stood her ground, I said well done on my way in to her. Bloody knobs
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Thu May 07, 2020 10:00 am

'change from the Government'

haha....well given that this mob change their minds every 5 minutes, i;d expect them to do the opposite of whatever they've been saying/indicating.
If tomorrow they say lockdown will need to continue for an indefinite period, then likely come Sunday we'll be all back to 'normal'.

Note to self ....Must refrain from a full rant, off to find a cat to launch.

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Fri May 08, 2020 1:03 pm

I haven’t been out in mine. I just think it will invite the wrong type of attention. I’ve only driven to drop supplies off to my mother-in-law and that was in the Honda. Our shopping has been delivered and anything we haven’t got we’ve worked around.

I did nip to the local corner shop to get a loaf and despite them being really sensible and helpful some people just don’t get it and persist in pushing past or reach over you to get their important pint of milk. Fools. I’ve not done it again.

Duncan said the “lockdown is crumbling”. I can’t believe the amount of people that have suddenly decided then need to drive to the countryside and go for a walk. At first it was old people and families with young children but now it’s every man and his dog or no dog.

I’ve been out on my mountain bike with my wife and we cannot believe how busy the local trials have become. We’ve tried going out very early and that’s just about ok but now has become just as busy and so we’ve been going out at dusk and night riding. I’ve dialled it back to about 80% and ride well within my limits but I get some exercise and it’s good for my head and there’s next to no one about.

As for easing lock down, there’s not going to be a sudden switch off as some of the press has been suggesting. I think that the plan for the future and the points at which they will happen will be set out but for now, I can’t see any real change. I wish there was but there’s a longer goal and bigger picture that needs to be considered. And there’s always the caveat that it can go backwards if the numbers change in the wrong direction.

A lady on the news has just said “we’re not in full lock down like Italy and (I think she said) France”. So I am grateful at least for that.

Stay well peeps.

danno

Postby danno » Sun May 10, 2020 9:50 pm

So I'm now interpreting this evening's new rules as I can go for a drive. Off to pick her up out of storage tomorrow. Will fully respect the social distancing. I'm a little OCD with this stuff, so its more for me than others.

Am I right in my interpretation?

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun May 10, 2020 10:34 pm

not sure, waiting for the online version to avoid the twaddle and repeated rhetoric.

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Mon May 11, 2020 7:25 am

As far as I can see you're fine taking a drive in England as long as you socially distance. They'll be more detail later, but he did say we were free to take a drive :)

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Mon May 11, 2020 8:12 am

DJ
he did say we were free to take a drive

I herd that as well :D
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

graham b

Postby graham b » Mon May 11, 2020 8:34 am

I shall be putting my car back on the rd from 1st june.
And will sort some itn's for sunday morning runs.
Although i will be keeping to social distancing and will not be entering any cafe etc for a while....maybe the itn's will be 'round robin' type . IE. Starting & finishing in the same place.
We have our radio's to chat via so the banter , although affected, will still happen.
However no gardening chit chat is allowed
:D
graham b
Lotus elise
Supercharged.
BBR Mx5
caterham R300
Westfield seiw
Tiger e1

danno

Postby danno » Mon May 11, 2020 6:57 pm

Sounds like a plan.

Can someone help me getting an ITN into Waze or Google Maps? Or basically on my phone as I don't have Sat Nav.

Also what radios and headsets are you all using?

Technically (leaglly) we can only meet in pairs. Socially distanced obviously

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”