Coronavirus run outs

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Coronavirus run outs

Postby greenwoo » Sun May 03, 2020 9:06 pm

went shopping yesterday and spied........

a classic Porsche - no idea on age, but guessing 60's and a DB5. Fancy that. 2 classic car owners and passengers just popping out for a drive 'in convoy style to;
go shopping -
travel to a place for exercise

'course, they probably didn't know each other and just happened to be driving in convoy/together. :roll:

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Mon May 04, 2020 12:00 pm

It might be coincidental, but it does look bad. They was a delivery driver on the radio this morning, he was saying he sees a lot of lycra clad cyclists riding close together in groups. Some people are starting to ignore the rules.

I cycled to work today to give advice to patients over the phone. I couldn't take the Seven, because my policy doesn't cover commuting :roll: :lol:

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Mon May 04, 2020 3:17 pm

Yeh, clocked a group of bikers on sports bikes the other weekend. Just to clarify, this was early Sunday morning speeding through the village in the direction of the coast before the shops open. I don’t loose any sleep over it though, not worth it. At best they are selfish rsoles, worse case scenario, throw themselves down the road and end up in hospital, catch covid..etc etc. No sympathy regardless.

I just concentrate on doing my bit, going to work, shopping if I have to and minimising contact with the stupid people. Sounds just like a normal day :lol: :lol: :roll:
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Mon May 04, 2020 4:00 pm

Wish I could "minimise contact with the stupid people" on a normal day :roll:

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Mon May 04, 2020 5:09 pm

DJ. wrote:Wish I could "minimise contact with the stupid people" on a normal day :roll:

:lol: Not Saying I’m any good at it Duncan :lol:

Had a couple of stupids in the building at work the other day, which is a clinical area, the sort of stupid that want you to know they are there, loud brash and intrusive. A colleague commented about the levels of testosterone around at the time. I went and challenged them as no one had let them in. They were from estates and showed me their ID’s, one commenting that he was well known to the police. Deadpan I said “Is that a joke” and turned and walked away before he responded. Made me feel better but the pair of stupids probably didn’t get it..
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

kenton

Postby kenton » Mon May 04, 2020 6:02 pm

Been out in the kit a few times, always essential trips. Screwfix, etc and delivering home grown veg to keyworkers. No trip was further than 15 miles from home though.

Green Indy

Postby Green Indy » Mon May 04, 2020 6:21 pm

Covidiots

(heard on the radio at the weekend)

Flyingtiger

Postby Flyingtiger » Tue May 05, 2020 8:28 am

Seems we are reaching the invincible stage - "I've not got it so far so I'll be OK now" mentality, seems more people, cars etc are around now, plus the 'stupids' are being influenced from across the pond demanding their 'freedom'!

Need to be careful though, read locally about 2 lads walking together and getting a roasting from everyone they passed for not being 2m but they were housemates! first impressions and all ...

Just hope the 'stupids' can keep themselves to themselves, not burden others and prove Darwin was right!!
Tiger Supercat 2.0 Zetec.

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Tue May 05, 2020 8:27 pm

Starting to lose my rag with the 'corvidiots', flying visit to local Tesco today, lots of signs and floor markings and some tw#t shoves past me with a few beers and not much else. I'm afraid I shouted something along the lines of "2 metres" and he went back past me and joined the back of the 2m spaced queue :shock: Didn't see him again 'til at the checkout when he brushed past me on his rush to the checkout. I shall be taking a 2m broom handle with a steak knife lashed to the end next time I have to go to the shops :evil:
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue May 05, 2020 11:01 pm

well either the broom handle with knife attached Tony, or maybe just wear a hula hoop?

I had to go to deliver paperwork to the accountant earlier - i kind of misunderstood the message that VAT could be delayed this quarter, and had wrongly assumed that meant filing the return - ooops!
anyway, aside from way more cars on the roads than i'd have expected i did a double take as i drove past a hand car wash....which actually had a few cars waiting. And then another chuckle ( well more a shake of the head) as i drove past a burger van with a load of people milling around for their grub.

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”