Man Cave Mk2

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

b33fy

Re: Man Cave Mk2

Postby b33fy » Wed May 06, 2020 5:07 pm

Spent a bit of time measuring up for the second lot of roof joists, angles, bird mouths etc, and setting height of additional centre beam. Got a clear plan to crack on with so should make good progress over the weekend. Be great to get it secure and weatherproof.

Secured a new job at work, rolling out e-prescribing, so I’ll be retired for one weekend only. So was going to treat myself to a new circular saw, new model by Dewalt, a battery hybrid circular/plunge/rail saw, which would make cutting the OSB pretty easy in situ. Doesn’t seem to be in stock anywhere so back to the plug in, if I can’t find one tomorrow.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed May 06, 2020 6:21 pm

nice one Mike...congrats!

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Wed May 06, 2020 6:43 pm

New tools............ cool 8-)
A new job might slow you down a bit though. I hope this works out to be less stressful for you :)

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Wed May 06, 2020 8:01 pm

DJ. wrote:New tools............ cool 8-)
A new job might slow you down a bit though. I hope this works out to be less stressful for you :)

Thanks Mark, Duncan. The hardest bit was getting to the end, it was stressful at the last reorganisation two years ago. Has its moments now but manageable. Only 9 weeks and tomorrow to go. The new job is with a small but great team so looking forward to it. Might as well do something constructive for a few quid and see what happens in the big wide world over the next 18 months and go from there.

I was going to get a sporty daily driver when I retired but not worth it now as it would rack up the miles at work and cost a fortune in fuel. So it’s the Volvo for now, though thinking of going electric.. got the charger might as well use it.. :D Maybe a nice Prius or Zoe.. ;)
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Thu May 07, 2020 7:28 am

Congrats on the Job Mike, hope its not stressful ;)
New shed coming along nicely, hope you get it water tight before Sunday.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Fri May 08, 2020 4:57 pm

Thanks Colin, start date put back a week, so have a month off. If we go anywhere it’ll be last minute because of the situation. Probably crack on with knocking the lounge through or something.

Second part of roof more or less done along with a few other bits. More of the same tomorrow. Not sure about putting the OSB sheeting on as it looks like rain Sunday and it can’t be left half done to get wet.
Attachments
D59672F4-3F76-4C68-9361-B2F24BB57F2D.jpeg

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Fri May 08, 2020 6:38 pm

Mike, before you knock the lounge through, you should fix your kit. We want to see you on some runs out this year :)

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Fri May 08, 2020 9:35 pm

DJ. wrote:Mike, before you knock the lounge through, you should fix your kit. We want to see you on some runs out this year :)

After building the storm and umpteen engine changes on this one, the house is in need of some TLC, so have to prioritise that really Duncan. Hall, Kitchen, 2 bedrooms and lounge to do. We gutted extended and modernised 20 years ago, so needs decluttering and updating more than anything. The lounge has already been knocked through, then we partitioned it off again.. :lol: fads and trends change.

The kit ideally needs a bare chassis rebuild, preferably in a proper workshop which will hopefully come in time.

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat May 09, 2020 6:11 pm

Proper feet bolted on. Doesn’t look like rain for a while now so put some floor down as I was fed up loosing my shoes and twisting my ankles between the joists :roll: Now I gotta find a hard hat, only banged my head on the roof joists 5 times today. :lol:
Attachments
4D763EC8-3248-4FD2-AB9B-90FA81CD807B.jpeg
5B88852A-7BC6-421A-A7B0-DB277F1B5D6D.jpeg

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Sat May 09, 2020 7:19 pm

James is doing a great Job Mike.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”