Got to be done?

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Got to be done?

Postby greenwoo » Tue May 19, 2020 11:18 am

So the home office backs onto a large field - and glancing up from my lappy I can see that there's a bloke with a metal detector wandering around.
In fact he was in the field Friday - but since then the farmer has turned the soil over and today 'Matey' - The Detectorist seems to be quite busy with his shovel; Stopping ever few paces for a little dig and a nosey.

Now a few (quite a few) have said that my sense of humour borders on plain 'wrong'. But as I sip my coffee and write this, I can't help thinking that I ought to liven 'Mateys' life up a bit.

He has had a few sideways glances toward the office, so i'm not sure how close he'll venture before changing direction. But given that I have a pile of scrap which is waiting for 'the scrap man'......yeah, you know where i'm heading don't you.....

I guess on reflection that burying a cylinder head may be a giveaway, with it being a bit obvious that someone has already dug the soil. So i guess the 'prizes' ( i like to think that any 'find' will be considered a 'prize' ) will need to be a tad smaller, and I suppose i'll need to make sure that there's a fair few so that I can space them out in an area he's yet to 'detect'.
Mmm - but 'what'?
and how deep?
ohhh i've got a jar of 2p's and 1p's in the office
or how about some rusty old tools?

Suggestions welcome......and yeah, before anyone says it, i know, i'm a nasty bastard.

graham b

Re: Got to be done?

Postby graham b » Tue May 19, 2020 11:48 am

Bad man,
Will be funny though :D
graham b
Lotus elise
Supercharged.
BBR Mx5
caterham R300
Westfield seiw
Tiger e1

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Tue May 19, 2020 12:00 pm

Bag of old nails. You can hammer them in and use a punch to drive the head well under the soil so he needs the shovel without doing any digging :evil:

Reminds me a little of the Pistonheads thread where the guy had a dispute with a neighbour who had an immaculate lawn. Someone suggested hammering frozen sausages into the lawn, so the foxes would dig it up :lol:

Dick

Postby Dick » Tue May 19, 2020 3:59 pm

Your not the first seen this done by someone . bit of bar with a magnet glued on the end same size as the bar . Put nail across the magnet .Push bar in dirt pull out and it leaves the nail in the ground.
Have fun but you need to post up the video of him for us all to enjoy

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Tue May 19, 2020 5:27 pm

:lol: :lol:
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

locost220

Postby locost220 » Tue May 19, 2020 5:49 pm

Ur a bad man Mark.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Tue May 19, 2020 6:37 pm

Nasty bastard :lol: :lol: but loving it.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Sat May 23, 2020 10:26 am

Mark. I love this sort of thing. Keep up the good work. Have you got/got access to a nail gun? You could fire a few nails into the ground. Minimum effort that way. :D

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat May 23, 2020 1:54 pm

i've run out of authentic old screws and nails, dont want be too obvious with fresh ones; Has been amusing watching 'Matey' get a few 'extra' finds.
Have been scouring for other 'bits' that i could try and figure he ought to get a 'win' - so am wondering about burying an 'Objet d'art' - maybe some old toot that has been gathering dust.

locost220

Postby locost220 » Sat May 23, 2020 6:43 pm

greenwoo wrote:i've run out of authentic old screws and nails, dont want be too obvious with fresh ones; Has been amusing watching 'Matey' get a few 'extra' finds.
Have been scouring for other 'bits' that i could try and figure he ought to get a 'win' - so am wondering about burying an 'Objet d'art' - maybe some old toot that has been gathering dust.

Your fuel tank :D
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”