........... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Debate this

Postby greenwoo » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:20 am

[*]Success Breeds Criticism' [*]

mmm i'm not so sure its that simple.
Surely Success can result in a higher public profile, in those cases the Press or News coverage will then slant their reporting to achieve the biggest 'wow' factor. ' Footballer buys "£500,000 car'' - so what? it represents probably less than a fifth of his yearly earnings, which in comparison to Joe Average is a smaller %. But that would grab the Nations interest would it? Footballer/Tycoon spends less of his disposable income on car - nah, that won't sell.
Moreover the Press then incite or atleast try to lead folks down a path of their moral choosing - again Footballer: who cheats on his missus is striped of his Captaincy.....yeah that happens in all walks of life does it? The woman on the checkout in Sainsburys is going to get p45'd for having a one nighter at some non work related party? I think not.

I'd suggest that Success alone doesn't breed criticism but the 4th Estate, the Press, the Newshounds eager to satisfy the Publics thirst for crass gossip. For without that coverage how would we know about the fact that quirk, that foible that indiscretion that will raise the hackles ( once of course we've been wound up and primed by the Press )....

Nogoingback

Postby Nogoingback » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:05 pm

LUCKY BAST*********DS

Nash

Postby Nash » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:05 pm

Nogoingback wrote:LUCKY BAST*********DS

Strong Argument, well put :roll:

.......Neil

Nogoingback

Postby Nogoingback » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:25 pm

So what was the karts 0-60 time do you get the same buz now as you did then.

Nash

Postby Nash » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:39 pm

Rotax MAX had a centrefugal Clutch so you lost a bit til it bit. full engagement was 4000RPM so Rolling start 0-60 was 3.5 seconds but in reality it was about 4.5 seconds.

The real difference is Lateral G. You could pull lateral 4 G easy in the MAX and in a 1.5 hr single driver race on a tight circuit neck issues were the real problem. Le Mans 24hr was a real body management exercise even with 4 drivers.

Love my car and its a different kind of excitement but racing the Rotax was a real rush.

.......Neil

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”