My Perfect Job

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

Furyblade_Lee

Re: My Perfect Job

Postby Furyblade_Lee » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:44 pm

Linda I think that is the power of kitcars! I can think of an occasion for any of my kitcars in any colour they were painted at the time where a preeety lady has wanted a ride ( in the car not me!) especially in France, many a time we have been sitting in a cafe and out of nowhere one of our group has driven past tooting with a lovely Mademoiselle who wanted a ride as soon as we have pulled up. I once had a lady at Clapham common walk up to me while I was standing next to my Martini-liveried Fury. She just said " is this your car?" and when I replied yes she planted a smacker on my cheek and walked off... Mind you, there are dubious " ladies for hire" around Clapham so I did not read much into it! And in my Scimitar a beautiful girl from Dublin jumped in my passenger seat at Redhill Halfords and wanted a spin it it, telling me her father and brother rallied an Se5a with Burton tuned Essex 3.1 back in Ireland!
But never in a "normal" sportscar has a lady approached me. I rekon they just feel sorry for us saddos who drive round in fibreglass bathtubs because we cannot afford a Ferrari! :-)

AdamW

Postby AdamW » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:38 pm

The only time anything remotely similar to that has happened to me, it was a 30-something alcoholic bloke who wanted to go for a spin in the car. I thought he was going to do a sick on me.

Red27

Postby Red27 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:45 pm

From what I'm given to understand about your driving Adam I believe that would have been likely to happen anyway. Incidentally, that's supposed to be complimentary, but I think I ought to point that out because there isn't a smiley that covers it, and you can get into soooo much trouble with misunderstandings on here and I don't want to upset you as you were nice and put one of your photos from the Wynatt Pass in your mag with the back of my car in it. :D
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

Red27

Postby Red27 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Furyblade_Lee wrote:I once had a lady at Clapham common walk up to me while I was standing next to my Martini-liveried Fury.

Had me worried where you were going there with that location, but you pulled it back from the precipise nicely. Now, Martini strip, mmmmm. If I'd thought of that I could have had a serious contender for "Team Gulf" livery. Post a piccy, pretty please?
Linda

gilescooperuk

Postby gilescooperuk » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:50 pm

Red27 wrote:From what I'm given to understand about your driving Adam I believe that would have been likely to happen anyway.

It does - someone named just above took me for a spin in an Elise and at 70+ on the M25 decided to demonstrate how direct the steering was by twitching the wheel in the fast lane approaching the dartford crossing.

Not sure why but I will still accept an offer of a passenger ride with him....

Back on topic - enough money probably build kit cars (or buy a company to build them!) or restore cars.

Can't stand being idle for more than 2 or 3 days at best or I get very bored.

Furyblade_Lee

Postby Furyblade_Lee » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:30 pm

Linda, go onto the fisher sportscars website, then build site section, type in Lemans bonnet and spyder body and pictures are on there. Then look at the insurance page of this months TotalKitCar mag and see how it ended up :-(

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Back to the matter at hand... i've had a think and i'm quite happy to just be at home. Think i'd have about 10 cars in different stages of rebuild tho :mrgreen:
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

Red27

Postby Red27 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:51 pm

Need to get building a bigger garage as well Ben...
Linda

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:59 pm

It would be huge lol but i would pay someone to build it !!
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:31 pm

mine would be NOT having to cut blasted grass all summer capitian :lol: ,wroking for the council :o your head would xplod with bordem ,the dust the oh I'll shut up now ,so my dream job would be to keep a fleet of classic race cars in fine fettle, testing ,and racing them and taking good photos of them being put thou there paces, joy 8-)

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”