Closed Test Day, Snetterton

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

Rob E

Re: Closed Test Day, Snetterton

Postby Rob E » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:44 pm

What’s with all the bonnets off
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:03 pm

Rob E wrote:What’s with all the bonnets off

......tell you when I get home......

Lol
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:10 pm

A few from the afternoon..
Attachments
5CC15B54-0CA5-458C-9BC3-E6F0BCA4593C.jpeg
00D9C9D4-B6CE-4FE4-BD3B-1784F2423D08.jpeg
CBD303A5-0310-4677-8072-E38D6CAA50EF.jpeg
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:14 pm

Still travelling, can’t post anymore images, comes up with http error. Will sort in a couple of hours and post links.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:14 pm

Cracking day...@ Mike, please pass on my thanks to Richard for opening up a few slots.

Fair old mix of cars out there, managed a twitch, a slide and a spin....felt like i was on come dancing, wow it was slippery this morning, luckily dried out this afternoon.
Car ran well barring a minor issue of the alternator adjuster parting company - heard a clunk and felt sure that something had come loose. A quick look showed the missing part - or rather its absence.
Great little company on the edge of the circuit - the guy had more metal and more machines than err, struggling for a superlative.

On the way home a recent niggle came back to kick me in the nuts.Some will remember that i posted up that after the North Weald day that i had a breakdown which resolved itself on the QE2 bridge; It seemed to be fuel related. Well same fooking thing happened on the way down the A11....one minute it was fine, the next complete loss of power.
Thanks to Chris & Karl for dropping off some extra fuel....after that it ran fine, weird as there was a good 3+ gallons in the tank. Thinking is that there's an issue with the pickup or similar. Limped home carping myself, with J & Mike acting as wingmen, but every time i was in the outside lane i was praying that it wouldnt fail again.

Highlights.....
Neils car sounded awesome, a cple of GTR's sounded equally impressive on full chat,holding a twitch that threatened to be a pirouette....J driving mine so that i could hear how it sounds as full blast down the pit straight.....

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:44 pm

A few pit lane shots, a couple previously posted remastered and better quality. Last one my favourite.

ImageTrackday 12th Nov 2018 by Buckmore Boy, on Flickr

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:13 pm

As Mark stated a cracking day in the usual SKCC style with the usual banter and great company.

In all honesty, not much else to say

No major issues with cars over and above what a serious a serious ragging may contribute to, boiled brakes..moi, lost googles and alternator bracket.. the captain. Jay, the instructor, "let me out now!!".. It was the brakes Jay, honest. lol.

Nash had a small issue regarding noise... I'm sure hell be along soon to explain, particularly the red flags. :P :P

Carl and Chris had a great run with the scooby. even getting into well in treble figures. (litres burned) Though carl was burning most of it out the back of the zorst, drying the track. Evidence to follow.

Team manager Dick kept us mostly sensible organised and obviously couldn't condone any racing or timing throughout the day.. ;) :D

Had a bit of a scan on the way home, got some reasonable shots of the cars perambulating, though lost track who was piloting due to helmet swappsies. I'll sort out a sap.

Thanks again all for the great company, we must do it again sometime. :)

Nash

Postby Nash » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:50 pm

Well what a day! First of all, as Mark said Mike, please extend my thanks to Richard also for a massively entertaining day being in among a great selection of metal, carbon and horsepower!

Overall I am extremely pleased with how the Indy performed. It was soaking in the morning and after an altercation with the Noise Police and many discussions about what I should be revving the Indy too! I scrapped through noise. The limit being 105dB and my result being 104.7dB

This wasn’t an issue in the AM as it was so wet and I took the opportunity to learn the track so went out and just turned laps for 30 minutes non stop short shifting in every gear to stop the wheels spinning up. Still managed to entertain the pitwall with my “flybys” and it was entertaining.

Come the afternoon after lunch the track was dry and I finally got to push the limit and IT WAS GOOD!

Unfortunately the limit I ultimately found was the drive by noise limit! Limit 92dB. I managed 95.8dB. Visit to the PIT Shop to get a dB killer fitted. He gave me the this was do the job so, NEVER had any issues speech. 3 laps in I managed to fire it out of the end of the exhaust at 8000rpm and 140mph down the Bentley Straight! Trip back to the shop, much apologising and 4 rivets fitted, that’ll do it Sir, Jamie took the car out and 4 laps later, Groundhog Day!

By now there was only 15 minutes left of the day so nothing lost.

For me today was about shaking the car down and starting the building in reliability process. With the exception of noise limit the car performed brilliantly.

To this today surrounded by good mates AND a lot of precious Metal was wicked!

Again Mike, many thanks.
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:10 pm

Neil, Mark, will pass on your thanks.

Chris Piloting Carls Car, warming up the tarmac.

ImageIMG_0979 by Buckmore Boy, on Flickr

SteveRST

Postby SteveRST » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:08 pm

Sounds (and looks!) like an excellent day for everyone. Thanks for posting up the pics Beefy.

Nash wrote:... after an altercation with the Noise Police and many discussions about what I should be revving the Indy too! I scrapped through noise. The limit being 105dB and my result being 104.7dB

That's close :lol: So what did you rev it to for that 104.7 result?
I'm guess you should be having to rev close to 6,750 at 3/4 max?

What are your plans to further quieten it down?
Westfield Zetec turbo & Westfield Megabusa turbo

Return to “You Went Where ???”