Hastings Old Town..

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

b33fy

Hastings Old Town..

Postby b33fy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:30 pm

..along with half the world. :lol:

Couple of hours having a wander and getting some shots for a tinker later. Got lucky with the weather, bright sunshine turning to overcast as we were leaving. Used the 18-200 lens and 80D So much sharper than previous shots. Tried a few different things on the camera, exposure lock and back button focusing and went all arty with bokehs etc. Then reverted to type when a Harley came past :lol:

ImageHastings Old Town by Buckmore Boy, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8177 by Buckmore Boy, on Flickr

A few boat/beach shots to follow..
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

b33fy

Re: Hastings Old Town..

Postby b33fy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:32 pm

Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:37 pm

Missed one..

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:56 pm

Like them all Mike, specially the boat yard ones. The first BW of the boat love it.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:14 pm

Wingco wrote:Like them all Mike, specially the boat yard ones. The first BW of the boat love it.

Thanks Colin.

Looking forward to some serious rugby photography Saturday, weather looking promising, hopeful for some good shots.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:55 am

I think RX16 boat might look better ( to my eye ) in BW. Looking at these reminds me of a few that i took when i was in Hastings 2 yrs back. I found it difficult ( and still do ) to translate what the eye saw into something that 'pops'.
Don't get me wrong Mike, the shots are clear and good, but I think there's something missing for the 'wow', be that composition/content or a bit of post processing to lift aspects/elements within.

Once Sue's a bit better will get back into the swing and get the camera out, don't think that'll be this weekend though.

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:24 pm

greenwoo wrote:I think RX16 boat might look better ( to my eye ) in BW. Looking at these reminds me of a few that i took when i was in Hastings 2 yrs back. I found it difficult ( and still do ) to translate what the eye saw into something that 'pops'.
Don't get me wrong Mike, the shots are clear and good, but I think there's something missing for the 'wow', be that composition/content or a bit of post processing to lift aspects/elements within.

Once Sue's a bit better will get back into the swing and get the camera out, don't think that'll be this weekend though.

Yep agree, 5 - 6 out of 10 shots, nothing wow, though they came out as expected from a technical perspective. Lacking a bit in inspiration though Hastings isn’t exactly wow :lol:

Return to “You Went Where ???”