Marks Travels

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwood03

Marks Travels

Postby greenwood03 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:41 pm

Unlike James B i'm not too au fait with this blogging, tweeting, texting and what have you. Oh for a piece of chalk and a blackboard. Oh yes Mr G is indeed a dinosaur of the finest order.
But i digress.......Since buying the Tiger i've been fortunate to make some good pals, initially through the Tiger owners forum but more recently from bumping into ( not literally ) other owners on various runs.

So my mission for this year was to get out and about as much as possible without giving 'er in doors' too much to complain about. Hence popping down to Tangmere last week to meet the West Sussex Caterham chaps. The latest episode in my travels was last night when I popped on some warm clothing and blatted over to Forest Green ( just south of Dorking ) to say hello to the Caterham folks from Surrey. What a decent bunch, made to feel most welcome ( thanks to ' Harry Flatters aka Steve ) for introducing me to some of the members. Their venue is worthy of a mention and i'll be checking in a while if we have it listed on our eateries map. The Parrott ' Forest Green. Lovely watering hole, and as a 'Brucie Bonus' it seems that the local lasses are obliged to dress in jodpurs - Tally Ho.

Have got the Westie chaps in my sights for their next meet - although thats a few weeks away - guess what - they also meet at The Parrott - so it'll be 'filly c'oclock' again. In the meantime the Cob chaps will no doubt be at their normal haunt, and i'm keen to meet up with the Sylva crowd who also meet at the Grasshopper., oh and then there's the TVR boys......Bottom line is for those of us that like meeting new folks, there's a heck of a lot out there - especially over the coming months ( i'm wondering if Mrs G will allow me a Sabbatical to go playing with cars! ).

Oh, this final part of the message is aimed at 2-3 folks that have a purile sense of humour - yes you know who you are. If you're tempted to post about 'fillies + jodpurs' - keep in on the right side of the line!

Right chaps - was you were, carry on..........

Ben_Copeland

Re: Marks Travels

Postby Ben_Copeland » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:17 pm

Mmmmm jodpurs and "young" fillies... mmmmm

I'm googling the place as i speak :D :D

I dont know who you mean about the purile sensor of humour tho !!

Oh and bloody hell you do get around a bit dont you!!!
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

Return to “You Went Where ???”