You just never know what you might come across!

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

greengiant

You just never know what you might come across!

Postby greengiant » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:16 pm

Had an interesting day today.
Started with a visit to the V8 Conversion Company in Farnborough Village to pick up some gaskets for the Rover V8. Turns out the owner was consulted in the early days by Nick green when he was designing the V8 version of the NGTC. Gave me some good advice about MGB suspension.
Next we popped down to the picturesque village of Chillam to have a nice quite lunch, only to find the lower car park packed apart from one space, and the village center full of E-Type Jaguars.
jags.jpg
jags.jpg (103.28 KiB) Viewed 1930 times

Then we found out why, it was because of this gentlemen and his film crew.
Clarkson.jpg
Clarkson.jpg (191.69 KiB) Viewed 1930 times

This was the inside of the car.
eagle2.jpg
eagle2.jpg (94.98 KiB) Viewed 1930 times

We watched him drive off and then we went for lunch, by which time all the film crew had gone.
We took a nice twisty backroad route to Whitstable only to come across Clarkson again at the side of the road with two E-types and having a fag, we then somehow managed to get between him and the filming Range Rover, which ended up having to pull over to let us through :D

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: You just never know what you might come across!

Postby greenwoo » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:20 pm

quality - by the way, did you check the brand of ciggies? i fancy he's a marlborough red man, anything less and i'll revise my opinion of him!
looks like you had a fun day......

smokey mow

Re: You just never know what you might come across!

Postby smokey mow » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:27 pm

Excellent, and I'd say the pictures could be a contender for 'O' in the photo contest :?:
Mark

Return to “You Went Where ???”