For The F1 Fans

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

SteveK

For The F1 Fans

Postby SteveK » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:58 pm

On Saturday morning I had a couple of spare hours, so finally went to Mercedes-Benz World at Brooklands to take a look at the latest addition to the museum, a F1 car in component form hung from the ceiling. To say it is stunning is a complete understatement - I must have spent about an hour just gawking at it.

Definitely worth the trip on its own, but the rest of the place is worth the trip too. You'd need more than the couple of hours I had to do it properly, but as it's on my doorstep and free to enter that wasn't a problem. I won't post the photos to spoil what is a work of art, especially as they just won't do it justice.

Might make a good endpoint to a run? (I can't make many, or any runs at the moment, as I have too much else on)

Regards,
Steve

Furyblade_Lee

Re: For The F1 Fans

Postby Furyblade_Lee » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:22 pm

Even my 8 year old daugter liked it there! I am not a real fan of any modern Mercedes vehicles, but I enjoyed it there immensley, especially coupled with going on Concorde at Brooklands Museum next door. I believe they are doing a big screening of the British Grand Prix there (and all other races too) which might be fun

Nash

Re: For The F1 Fans

Postby Nash » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:16 am

We bought our 13 year old son a driving lession there as a Christmas present. Will be making that happen during the summer holiday period.

Been next door ti Brooklands but not to M World yet. now looking forward to it.

........ Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Return to “You Went Where ???”