Work ........

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

Fury1630

Work ........

Postby Fury1630 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:07 am

So what? So it was bl**dy freezing, frost on the other car, 1.5C showing on the garden thermometer, but the met office said it wasn't going to rain, so out came the Fury (no heater). Journey into work was "refreshing" :D

Got the afternoon off to carry on with re-wiring the Ranger. Today is a good day.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Work ........

Postby greenwoo » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:27 am

Pah only -1.5 Tony :D
Good on you though for wheeling out the Fury 1 If it stays like this all day i think the Tiger may come out to play later, or at least get a wash!

Think the coldest i've done was -4 , 4 of us were due out between Xmas + New Year '09. 2kwik wimped out, saying his tin top was showing -4/-5 after dropping someone off prior to coming out. Hah, the things we called him! He was on that occasion 100% right. By the time i got to the 1st meeting point my fingers were blue, and DaxMatt had driven most of the way warming his gloves on the exhaust. We set off, and found the sun was so low that it was hard work seeing where we were going, Dan cleverly took us down a road away from the sun - great move, ice 'puddles' at the sides of the road, nice and slippery. Managed 45 mins before deciding that an early Brekkie was the order of the day!!

Contaminated

Postby Contaminated » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:01 am

Yes I remember it well! My car came off the road for 8 months after that as well :(

Both me and Nigel have ours at work today - although we're too busy to go for a drive now!

2kwik

Postby 2kwik » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:16 pm

that was a good run on the way back to charing hill! The biker who I thought was the ol' bill and waved as I let him through (please go ahead officer, I thought). When I realised he wasn't the official deal, I had a rush after him up the hill in, ahem, spirited fashion. We went along at a fair lick and then he went round the 'bout at the Half Way House to let me go first. Another rapid section to canterbury and he turned off with a wave. :)
Tigers' going into work again tomorrow and will hope to get it out during the day - too much work on for my liking. :cry:
Fun is not a straight line

Nash

Postby Nash » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:25 pm

On this note all, a word of caution re A20 around Charing, there is an unmarked "Gixer" police bike patrolling. Complete with video. Did my next door neighbour recently.

You have been warned

..............Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:16 am

I want to drive mine to work, but it's 60miles each way and it's not reliable enough atm to make me want to chance it lol

plus I don't think I can fill up on the company card and get away with it lol
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

Contaminated

Postby Contaminated » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:40 am

2kwik wrote:that was a good run on the way back to charing hill!

When we left you at the bottom of Charing Hill and headed back to Maidstone we had a superb run. I kid you not - Charing to Leeds Castle we only came across two cars! Both were easily passed. Quick pint in the Oak on the Green and then back to work until 10pm :(

Car in again today though :D

Return to “You Went Where ???”