greetings from Dubai

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

leegav

greetings from Dubai

Postby leegav » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:38 am

hia all,
just a little message from me to say hope everyone is ok and hope you are getting some good runs in!
im currently in Dubai with work for 3 days then heading up to the lovely place called Kuwait in Iraq!
was suppose to be home on the 30th but my trip has been extened by nearly 2 weeks so not expecting to get back to London until mid september then i will be going on Holiday with Chloe for a couple of weeks, so chances are i might not get out on a run for a while... i believe my motor needs an mot aswell.??
the roads here in Dubai are fantastic and i went to visit a place called Motor city yesterday which was great....some fab cars here on the roads aswell...seen a nice little Chevrolet yesterday that was about the same size as a Lotus exige?? plenty of M3s about aswell.
anyway the connection isnt great here so i cant upload any photos at the minute but when i get back il post up a couple...
happy driving chaps- and the 1 lady..... :-)
speak soon
lee
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

Red27

Re: greetings from Dubai

Postby Red27 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:45 am

Good to hear from you Lee! Was wondering if you were going to make it back for the Jamboree, but guess not. Aren't the roads a little dusty out there? Actually, I don't think they are, are they. Dubai has turned into a rather smart place these days I believe..... You'll have a shock when you get back, weather's definitely on the turn here - so your tan's going to look a bit out of place again when you get back :lol: Or is that why you're going on hols :lol: The winter blatting season, SKCC jackets and woolly hats beckon...
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:46 am

Could we get the cars out there for next years mega tour Lee? - dont you know anyone with a big boat ?

leegav

Postby leegav » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:10 am

i once did a job for the king of qatar and he has a super yacht that has 4 jetskis and 2 cars in the back so possibly room for 4 -5 7s...
i bet someone would make a fortune out here renting caterhams - however can they stand the 50' heat??...
the roads are fantastic linda, and im working on the tan right now....covered in banana boat hawain tropic factor 4 oil.... i love the old leather boot look! :D
it is a great place but my god its hot, and..........Its not London!
next stop Kuwait which will be a different kettle of fish altogether.... :evil:
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

Larkingabout

Postby Larkingabout » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:50 pm

Good god you paint a picture next it will be a pair of bright yellow budgie smugglers. Unlike cars pictures are not essential
James
The man in the Red Coat

Nick

Postby Nick » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:08 pm

Tony B wrote:Could we get the cars out there for next years mega tour Lee? - dont you know anyone with a big boat ?

I can help :P

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:14 pm

Nick wrote:
Tony B wrote:Could we get the cars out there for next years mega tour Lee? - dont you know anyone with a big boat ?

I can help :P

how much to sail us all to Monaco Nick? 8-)

David T

Postby David T » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:21 pm

Hello stranger.

Let us know when you are back and we can organise a Sunday morning central London run. A nice crisp, clear autumn morning would be nice.

2kwik

Postby 2kwik » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:50 pm

Lee
I had a few months working for a Kuwaiti business a couple of years ago. When it came to flying home, without any discussion they cancelled my flight :shock: , delayed it a couple of days :shock: :shock: and made me stay until THEY were happy I could go home :o . Odd lot. Get the cheque in the bank first as well :lol: Oh, and enjoy the beer..... :roll:
Fun is not a straight line

Nash

Postby Nash » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:03 pm

2kwik wrote:Lee
I had a few months working for a Kuwaiti business a couple of years ago. When it came to flying home, without any discussion they cancelled my flight :shock: , delayed it a couple of days :shock: :shock: and made me stay until THEY were happy I could go home :o . Odd lot. Get the cheque in the bank first as well :lol: Oh, and enjoy the beer..... :roll:

Why does "Midnight Express" come to mind :?
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Return to “You Went Where ???”