I went to a Prom

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

I went to a Prom

Postby greenwoo » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:43 pm

Yes i know the term 'prom' is yet another cr%p import from our overseas cousins, but apparently the youth of today now have Proms and not end of years discos!
So a call went out via the Caterham folks to ferry some young chaps to their end of year bash at the Fairfield Halls Croydon. So along i went, 7 '7''s and 7 you fellows all looking smart in their finest - i suspect that the guy with the white tuxedo and the coiffeured hair may have prefered to have been in a 'screened' car, but what the heck. They were blown away to get the rides, once in Croydon we may have had a very loud blast through the underpass (twice ) - obviously with noisy exhausts it probably sounbded like we were doing more than 30mph.......and then suddenly we were there. Dropping them off infront of their mates......many of whom had done the usual Limo 'thing' and clearly who were now rather jealous. Great fun with a nice blat afterwards down to the Grasshopper for a quick shandy......

James

Re: I went to a Prom

Postby James » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:43 pm

pff i really must read this more often, i woulda loved doing that :) Scare tactics are my thang :P

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:35 am

I can imagine that they were beaming with big grins once they'd arrived. Sounds like fun!
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:45 am

This is a good plan - my eldest will be having her prom next year, so if anyone fancies a run out with a fully "detailed" excitable 16 year-old girl in the passenger seat - I may be able to arrange it - form an orderly queue behind me :twisted:

T

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:27 am

Hah Tony, you've gotta be kidding! aeroscreen, flies in teeth, flyaway hair.....yeah thats going to happen! My daughter has a gripe when i put the hood down on the saab and hasnt been it the Tiger for about a year, even taking her to a tennis lesson means getting the saab out - i mean these teenagers really do have to keep themslves in top preened condition 'don't you know'

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:31 am

Mark, Just tell her to shut up and tie her hair back lol look forward to the day my sons old enough to appreciate a trip out in his old mans 7.
Ben

James

Postby James » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:05 pm

Ben_Copeland wrote:Mark, Just tell her to shut up and tie her hair back lol look forward to the day my sons old enough to appreciate a trip out in his old mans 7.

since when do you own a 7 :P

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:47 pm

greenwoo wrote:Hah Tony, you've gotta be kidding! aeroscreen, flies in teeth, flyaway hair.....yeah thats going to happen! My daughter has a gripe when i put the hood down on the saab and hasnt been it the Tiger for about a year, even taking her to a tennis lesson means getting the saab out - i mean these teenagers really do have to keep themslves in top preened condition 'don't you know'

Mark, you are of course absolutely correct - I was just hoping to avoid £LOTS for the hire of a hideous American "cut & open". I see now the error of my ways :oops:

I'll get me coat.

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:34 pm

James wrote:
Ben_Copeland wrote:Mark, Just tell her to shut up and tie her hair back lol look forward to the day my sons old enough to appreciate a trip out in his old mans 7.

I do and have done for a year. You've just never seen it. Plus it's to slow for you guys lol
Ben

James

Postby James » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:36 pm

Ben_Copeland wrote:
James wrote:

I do and have done for a year. You've just never seen it. Plus it's to slow for you guys lol

my point exactly, you think you own a 7 but as we have never seen it, it dont exist :P

Return to “You Went Where ???”