Stone Cross Classic Car Rally.

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

DJ.

Stone Cross Classic Car Rally.

Postby DJ. » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:29 pm

As I said in a another thread, I really had to make an appearance at this show today as the organiseer has been asking me to come for a couple of years and he's a nice chap.

Anyway, the forecast was good, so i thought I'd do an SKCC pre-show pre-breakfast blat and give my younger daughter a run in the car.
So we set off soon after 8 this morning, and it was really strange because there was almost no traffic :D

A bit of country road up through Rushlake Green where the only thing slowing us was the road surface condition.
I picked up the A265 near Heathfield and between there and Hurst Green I only came up behind one car and managed to pass that within a mile.
The final hill with bends was great, and probably the only time I've made it up their without following someone.

Breakfast at the Route 1066 Cafe near Robertsbridge as recommended by Mark, and it was great 9/10.
Friendly service, good value, nice black pudding and they even let my daughter swap the free tea for an orange juice.

A quick run down to Battle on quick roads and the Wartling Rd full of cyclists and we were at the show.

Who was the first person I met? Craig who had his Westfield on display:

This is unusual, because although we both live in Eastbourne we only ever meet in Kent normally :lol:

Craig's car looked great with some really nice Minilite wheels, but he told me that he is having problems with an intermittent misfire that is continuing despite trying all the obvious fixes. I hope you get it sorted soon :)

There were three sevens to start:

Then we were joined for a while by a Kawazaki green ZR1 engined GTS.

There was also a nice JZR:

And a brand new NG turned up looking amazing in metallic red. I didn't know they were still available.

There was also a 4 wheeled Lomax, but I feel they look wrong. In that case 3 wheels are better than 4 :)

Otherwise there were plenty of tractors, stationary engines and a traction engine, but no Aventadors!

b33fy

Re: Stone Cross Classic Car Rally.

Postby b33fy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:21 pm

Sounds like a good little show, Duncan, the red looks good on that seven,.. Yep an aventador, more effluent in Brighton ;), not missing out much on the aventadors..common as muck, seen two in two weeks,. seen one, seen em all.. :roll: :D
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Return to “You Went Where ???”