Headcorn to Little Chart by TomTom

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

AdamW

Headcorn to Little Chart by TomTom

Postby AdamW » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:33 pm

Had to drive a GKD Legend from Headcorn to Little Chart today. Only a short run, but the TomTom picked some great lanes. I've found that the TomTom does a great route from Staplehurst to Frant in the past, so it wouldn't be difficult to stitch the two together for a longer run.

(Bradley, if you're reading this, I saw your dad in Headcorn! I gave him a wave as I drove by).

Nogoingback

Re: Headcorn to Little Chart by TomTom

Postby Nogoingback » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:40 pm

Did it look like this.
Attachments
p028_0_4.jpg
p028_0_4.jpg (142.74 KiB) Viewed 3397 times

Contaminated

Postby Contaminated » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:51 am

That's their first demonstrator I think. I saw that at Delting a couple of years ago. Their last (possibly current?) demonstrator was an evil mix of red, purple and blue :shock:

It's still on my list of possibles though becasuse I love the idea of a BMW donor.

Nash

Postby Nash » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:29 am

The evil mix of colour is BMW colours and I have to declare when I was looking at kit options a couple of years ago I asked a lot of companies about a BMW donor options bacause I had an E36 323 coupe at the time which was perfect as a donor and I got nowhere. When this came out I was gutted as it would have been top of my list. I like the company too.

Adam, I know the road(s) you describe between Headcorn and Little Chart (I live around the corner from Little Chart) BTW there is a good BMW spares place there if needed. I would suspect the roads you are describing are the ones through Plukley and right at the Smarden Bell?

I drive that route when going to CBS.

...............Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Contaminated

Postby Contaminated » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:52 am

It is a nice route that - plus the Smarden Bell is a cracker! I think you've already put that on the map Neil.

Nash

Postby Nash » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:07 pm

The Smarden Bell is on the map (James beat a few of us to it in terms of recommending it as I recall).

We should organise a run out to conclude there one Sunday lunchtime!

.........Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:16 am

I really fancy BMW donored one too. But seeing as I've started the Haynes rebuild now I can't face changing again.

I really need to get out and find some good runs up to Nigel in Canterbury then follow some of his.
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

AdamW

Postby AdamW » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:16 am

Nogoingback wrote:Did it look like this.

It looked very much like that - but in silver!

AdamW

Postby AdamW » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:18 am

Nash wrote:Adam, I know the road(s) you describe between Headcorn and Little Chart (I live around the corner from Little Chart) BTW there is a good BMW spares place there if needed. I would suspect the roads you are describing are the ones through Plukley and right at the Smarden Bell?

That was the route! I've never been down those roads before, but I will again! It was the BMW spares place that I was going to. I was using one of their E36s for the photos.

Return to “You Went Where ???”