SKCC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

BIOMAN

SKCC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?

Postby BIOMAN » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:11 pm

FOUR GO TO FILEY!!!

Four Go To Filey

Bought the car just over three years ago and took it out on high days and holidays (only in the sunshine).

So! just two years ago, read in the CKC mag about the SKCC and their 2012 road trip. I thought “that looks like fun”.

Enjoyed the 2013 UK trip but have to admit we only did half, couldn't wait to do the 2014.
It was then announced they were going to Europe, would we dare? “oh yes we can” (sorry panto season). What a fabulous 5 days. The SKCC has turned me into an adventurer rather than a polisher. Can't wait for more details on the 2015 Euro Trip (hint hint).

Looked on the forum with great envy of all the blats taking place in the south so decided to join 11 other kits who were set for Fish & Chips at Filey on Dec 29th. By the 28th we were down to 4 runners.

So 6 am on the day all fuelled up – the night before (see what I did there Captain) and off to the services we went. Couldn't take the B roads as Mother Nature had decided it should be a white Christmas after all, only 4 days late.

First meet up at Hartshead Moor on the M62 we waited and waited and waited, then got the call, “car wont start, go on without us.” Then there were three :-(. Onto the Fox and Grapes on the York road we went thinking we're MAD! - I could be polishing the car in a warm garage. Through the underpass in Leeds (very quietly) arriving at the meet soon after. The sun came out in true SKCC style.

Two pedallers were already there and after a quick phone call the non starter soon arrived. The day was going to go from strength to strength. One guy travelled from Scarborough to Leeds to head our group and we took in some good roads, fantastic scenery savouring his knowledge.

A few miles before Filey a breakdown, so bonnet off, a bit of banter, adjustment of the fuel pump with a wrench, soon sorted and off we went again.

Fish & Chips didn't disappoint and neither did Scarborough. We showed our respects for the fallen at Olivers Mount who died for us so that we could enjoy days like these. We then went down the famous natural hill climb track with spectacular views. For some reason it was decided to have a little drive through the underground car park and then onto the sea front for a final pic. A good day was had by all.

A good day was had by all, I'd never met anyone before just like on my first SKCC trip. Three nicer people you could not wish to meet. I've suggested we set up a Northern branch of like minded people to the SKCC, we'll see what happens.

Thank you SKCC for encouraging me to take my car out more often and not just in the summer.

I know Linda, no pics it didn't happen :-).

HARTSHEAD MOOR

[url][URL=http://s1310.photobucket.com/user/bioman999/media/scarb2_zps1b03569a.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]

UNDERPASS LEEDS

[url][url][URL=http://s1310.photobucket.com/user/bioman999/media/scarb3_zpse5067c03.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url][/url]

AND THERE WERE FOUR

[url][URL=http://s1310.photobucket.com/user/bioman999/media/scarb4_zpsf1a6789a.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]

BONNET OFF

[url][URL=http://s1310.photobucket.com/user/bioman999/media/scarb5_zpsf9129ec3.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]

FISH & CHIPS

[url][URL=http://s1310.photobucket.com/user/bioman999/media/scarb9_zpsad10d7a1.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]

LEST WE FORGET

[url][URL=http://s1310.photobucket.com/user/bioman999/media/scarb10_zpsb8ba3886.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]

SCARBOROUGH FRONT

[url][URL=http://s1310.photobucket.com/user/bioman999/media/scarb11_zps02a6691a.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]

Thanks Buttercup, Rickyboy and Robin for a most memorable day.

Crunchie Gears

Re: SKCC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?

Postby Crunchie Gears » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:35 pm

Great write up and sounds so much fun. makes me ashamed that the Westie has not moved for a month or more.

locost220

Postby locost220 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:59 pm

Well done Richard and co
Rich
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:59 pm

Well done, sounds like a good run. Good pictures too :)

Larkingabout

Postby Larkingabout » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:28 pm

Well done, true kit car drivers. Only thing missing is the driver in shorts!!
James
The man in the Red Coat

ChrisL

Postby ChrisL » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:48 pm

well done that man, good show!!
I went for a mini blat last week absolutely freeeezing!
Yes I've been drinking, what of it!!

Red27

Postby Red27 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:35 am

Fantastic report Richard, and great pictures including the obligatory bonnet off and seaside line up. Oh, and food :lol: You and Liz have been well and truly SKCC'd :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just goes to show, doesn't it, that if you put in a little effort, ring a few chums, get yourself a woolly hat and an SKCC jacket ( :D ), your car can give you so much more enjoyment than you ever thought when you first bought it.
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

BIOMAN

Postby BIOMAN » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:59 pm

Red27 wrote:Fantastic report Richard, and great pictures including the obligatory bonnet off and seaside line up. Oh, and food :lol: You and Liz have been well and truly SKCC'd :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just goes to show, doesn't it, that if you put in a little effort, ring a few chums, get yourself a woolly hat and an SKCC jacket ( :D ), your car can give you so much more enjoyment than you ever thought when you first bought it.

Liz & I have gone back to our childhood and bought "Romper Suits" :lol: :lol:
They are almost too hot even at - 6deg C .

[imgImage][/img]

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:17 pm

top job Richard ( & Liz )......
we were supposed to 'do' Olivers Mount on a past roadtrip - except that most of the numpties didn't understand that they had to ignore a 'turn around where possible' call from Mrs Sat Nav - not that i told anyone about it, 20 times beforehand :lol:
So as it was just the Wanderer ( Kenton) and myself who had a looksee up there before heading over to finally catch up with the others over on the Moors.

feeling a bit envious, the Tiger is in dock at the mo and not really been on a proper run since early Nov......

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:35 pm

Well done Richard and Liz, you are putting us all to shame mate, SKCC has a lot to answer for :lol: :lol:
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Return to “You Went Where ???”