Fun Fun Fun

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

Nash

Re: Fun Fun Fun

Postby Nash » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:09 pm

Is that how you spell it?

I bought popcorn and got myself comfy for that retort?!?!?!?!? "you are a wag" He didn't insult SWMBO, he insulted your car man :shock:

This is not what the empire was built on sir! Ask him for his "second" The man is clearly a cad. Must own a Jaggggggggggggg ;)

.............Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:42 pm

sorry Neil, i merely assumed that at his age the old eyesight was failing a bit and i made an allowance for that, or perhaps it was that bump on the head that he gave himself at Le Mans.........and to be fairt, he didnt insult the car, he just reaffirmed that mine is not 'pure' Gulf........an astute comment given that i made it myself, but hey that could be the old memory thing playing up again.......

Red27

Postby Red27 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:34 am

Mark's car is more gulf coloured than mine - as far as the blue is concerned anyway. However, my stripes are painted in actual official Gulf orange which came from a job that Paul Dudley did for the Gulf chairman on one of his cars. It's not licenced and you can't get it otherwise. Also, as Mark noted, I've got the dark blue stripes edging my orange. Also pukka.

But, I wasn't aiming to be a replica. More a case of taking inspiration from wanting to be Steve McQueen (who doesn't?) with a nod to the Porsche 917 livery, and also my hero Mr Villeneuve. The 27 is obviously, but the other stickers I've got on Tiger are as close as I could find to those on his Monaco '81 winning 126CK1. Just be thankful I'm not a fan of the awful BMW "art car"......
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:08 pm

:?: was it a hard decision to go gulf colors , as you like the red 27 Ferrari.

Red27

Postby Red27 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:36 pm

No, I've got my "Red27" element in there with my roundels and stickers, and red isn't one of the standard gel coat colours either. Could have had it sprayed, but that could have ended up looking pretty ropey quite quickly with chips and stuff. Solid colour Avon's can look a bit boring. Pretty pointless to get an fab car like Tiger and then have it look boring if you have the opportunity to chose what it's going to look like. Needed to be something special, and different to the others around, and so I just drew on some other influences. And mine is certainly different, where I am anyway. There's some kind of unofficial "Tiger 27 bingo" going on at the workshop, as people report in when they spot me out and about. However I'm a little less distinctive in certain company... That was a total coincidence.
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

Return to “You Went Where ???”