Fun Fun Fun

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Fun Fun Fun

Postby greenwoo » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:35 pm

No not the beach boys hit, but our day out. Today Paul and i headed North of the water - to do a bit of scoping for the upcoming SKCC road trip, the only section that was a bit of unknown was the 1st leg - so off we set to do a quick recce. However to make it even more fun we enlisted the help of Red27 - yep Linda joined us down in Essex and we ran the route together. Have to say that we found some stonking roads, pretty villages with thatched cottages and greens - if you're ever up that way pop into Finchingfield, what a lovely little place - partook of a light healthy brekkie there - top notch. And then we got down to some serious sightseeing, oh of course we had a few funny sat nav moments - i'll probably leave those in for comedy value for the real run. Only 1 possibly 'iffy' road, teh rest were a delight - albeit a tad slippery this morning!!!

On the way home we happened upon a small airfield and stopped for our photo moment. When Linda talked about getting down and dirty i didnt realise she meant lying on the ground to get some photos. As usual the kits proved popular with Senor Franco ( made up name ) asking in broken Eeeeengleeesh if heeees waif could have her picture taken with the cars......

anyway mission accomplised a cheeky couple of hundred extra miles to add to Lindas ownership experience, a good laugh and confirmation that there are some great roads up there.....mind you dirty roads, the car is flithy again.......

Tony B
Site Admin

Re: Fun Fun Fun

Postby Tony B » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:39 pm

Sounds good M, sets the mouth watering for next year - cant wait !!

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:45 pm

have to say that on the way back we found some good roads that were in bad repair, otherwise its blat heaven up there....the ones going up were damm good, although i did wonder if the hunting posse with their 12 bores were going to have a go at the larger moving 'targets' on my car in the absence of smaller furry game. Hopefully Linda will pop along in a mo with photos......

Red27

Postby Red27 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:52 pm

Shiny shiny car is now, er, not so shiny... In fact, it's kind of brown. Fab day out, after I first established that Mark and Paul weren't massed murderers, or anything. Mark said, not on a Saturday anyway. Think about it, what had I done? Arranged to meet two strange men over the internet in the middle of nowhere.... Will post some piccy's later. That's my last pair of non-photography jeans now blooded though. All now have muddy knees, and some other places too. Other highlights included Mark picking a pub which had my fave bottled beer on tap at lunchtime, and I've had my first spin - yeh! 270 degree-er, must try harder next time and save myself the reversing bit. :twisted:

Oh, and I can confirm, it really is true, Mark's brake lights don't work... And, yes, if we could skip that single track road across that farmland next time, that would be good. Didn't like the look of that shooting party, did you see them eyeing up our tyres?
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

daxmatt

Postby daxmatt » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:30 pm

Perhaps I'll have a look at marks lights tomorrow

Nash

Postby Nash » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:38 pm

Ah Matt you beat me to it, I was about to PM you to arrange for you to get over to Marks :D

So Linda I can only imagine after setting up the internet meet with Tweddle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber, the dissapointment you must have endured on actually meeting them :lol:

.... no offense chaps :?

I didn't see you while I was driving upto or back from Nottingham. Thought I may have seen you at 6am when I was driving under the Thames!

..........Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:03 pm

after I first established that Mark and Paul weren't massed murderers

So they managed to convince you then , wait till next time they tend to lull you in to a false sense :twisted: consider your self groomed (by mark and paul not me ) :D
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

Red27

Postby Red27 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:23 pm

Hmm, "want to come for a drive little girl" is going to work with me everytime. You could have a point. However, I could run away whilst Mark's having a fag break ... :D
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:27 pm

well that was a larf ,i have never seen so much mud on the road the cars are plastered ,and reds new car looked nice and shiny not for long :lol: cracking car, factory built 176 hp dices all round very nicely put together and she can drive to ,1 bend caught us out red was side ways but it didn't slow her down ,well impressed ,that quick in 8 weeks by the summer she will be hard to catch 8-)

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:30 pm

Red27 wrote: That's my last pair of non-photography jeans now blooded though. All now have muddy knees, and some other places too.

Oh yeah??? sounds dodgy... Kneeing down with two strange men?
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

Return to “You Went Where ???”