A good week

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

Green Indy

Re: A good week

Postby Green Indy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:24 am

PS I wouldn't normally bore you with what I get up to, but I had to share this with some like minded car people. No one else seems to understand why I might get so excited about it.

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:18 pm

You gotta have somewhere to share the passion.. I don't bother talking cars etc. unless someone asks. If they don't share the same enthusiasm they tend to glaze over. Though it can be an ice breaker sometimes.

There are some petrol head things that just have to be done that are beyond the understanding of mere mortals. Probably the most ill thought out for James and I was popping along to the Millau Viaduct to take a look. Didn't look far on the map.. two days later.. Another was going to the French rally in the storm after rebuilding the engine and then postponing the crossing until I eventually got it fired up.. then running down the autoroute at a reasonable lick with no lights, luckily the moon was shining. :lol:

Has to be done. :D
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

andyf

Postby andyf » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:02 pm

I know what you mean, you can see them thinking yawn but feigning interest :lol:
MkII Marlin Roadster with Ford 2.0L Pinto and Type 9 gearbox. Going for the oily rag restoration look :-)

Return to “You Went Where ???”