Cranbrook/Tenterden

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

b33fy

Cranbrook/Tenterden

Postby b33fy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:37 pm

As title, hooked up with Mark and did a bit of photography. Liam my nephew came along for the ride and to put me to shame with his photography skills. He works as a Photographer's Assistant up town and seems to be able to get cracking shots out of not a lot.. Had a quick preview of some of his efforts from today and learnt I've quite the way to go..

Learnt a couple of other things today as well.

If you take a photograph of someone's house and they ask "Can I help you?"
"You can carry my tripod" is probably not the most appropriate response. Dined on that one for a while. :lol:
and
Avoid taking photo's of children on the Santa Special, especially if you are sans children and wearing an anorak and beanie hat.. :roll:

Moving on, one of Liam below. A few more to follow in a while.

Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

b33fy

Re: Cranbrook/Tenterden

Postby b33fy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:38 pm

Ended up with bit of a theme in Cranbrook.

Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:43 pm

Nash

Postby Nash » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:57 pm

I spent the day travelling back to the land of the prince bishops so very jealous of you getting out to take photos.

The first one is a Nice Photo. Looking forward to seeing more.
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:16 pm

Nice one Mike, agree the first one is very good. I do like the wooden door with the number 5 , very sharp and festive.
The first one mike, how was that taken if you don't mind me asking ? how do you get it so sharp ? what settings are you using?
Looking forward to the others you took and your nephews.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:43 pm

Wingco wrote:Nice one Mike, agree the first one is very good. I do like the wooden door with the number 5 , very sharp and festive.
The first one mike, how was that taken if you don't mind me asking ? how do you get it so sharp ? what settings are you using?
Looking forward to the others you took and your nephews.

Thanks Neil, Colin. I host them and post the link instead of uploading directly to the forum as I think some detail is lost that way. There was quite low light today which was a bit of a challenge, so fixed the ISO to 1600, rather than leave on auto and played with the aperture settings as the available light changed, to keep the aperture as small as possible and shutter speed reasonable, 1/60th or so, to avoid shake or blur.

I used the usual HDR processing software, then adjusted the sharpness using the basic editing software on windows image viewer or whatever it’s called. The sprout shot is left pretty much as is with colour and clarity turned up and a very light crop.

Liam’s are unbelievably sharp compared to mine, mind you he knows what he is doing and his camera and lens cost the equivalent of a half decent kit car.. :shock: They do say decent glass makes a huge difference.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:44 pm

nice one Mike, there's some good shots there, you probably got the winner - had a quick look at mine and there's few 'standouts'.....will take a closer look in the morning,after a skinful tonight they might look better!

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Thanks Mark, building up to a grand finale.. then Liam's will make them look shite :lol: Luckily I'll be posting his for him, so if they are too good might have to hit the delete button :lol: A couple more mediocre street scenes below. More doors soon, saving the kiddies till last.. :o :shock: :D

Last edited by b33fy on Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:12 pm

Last three pour moi.., my favourites, along with the veg shot. If I'm being critical it was difficult to capture a good expression on the drivers face that was in focus, Liam or Mark may have had more luck. Still like the shot though.

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:56 am

Ooh, I managed a veg shot today too :D
IMG_20171224_093420.jpg

Return to “You Went Where ???”