Aylesford / Allington Lock

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

b33fy

Aylesford / Allington Lock

Postby b33fy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:17 pm

Hooked up with Mark this morning and had a bit of a walk around Aylesford then onto Allington Lock. Wasn't expecting great things,.. a quick internet search showed the ubiquitous Aylesford old bridge image, in practice there were considerable photo opportunities so it made for a good shoot.

Got the shot of the day early on or so I thought.. moral of the story,, don't gloat.. :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyway a few efforts coming up shortly.
Last edited by b33fy on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

b33fy

Re: Aylesford / Allington Lock

Postby b33fy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:06 pm

Starter for ten..

Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:12 pm

A few detail shots..

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:33 pm

A bit of selective colour for the first time.

Couldn’t resist this cess pit of a shot.. pushed the boat out, with two sh!tty colours lol

Last edited by b33fy on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:46 pm

Probably my own worse critic.. had high hopes for these shots, looked ok when I checked them on the camera, though different on a big screen.. on some levels they work, though not quite there for me, an 8/10 I think.

Good call on the selective colour Mark, thanks. The depth of field isn’t quite right, all needs to be in focus IMO. Low light and hand held shot didn’t help. If its dry tomorrow I think it’s worth popping by and giving it another go, as I’m heading past there anyhow..

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:34 pm

Don't know if you had the same problem that i did Mike, a lot of shots that looked ok on the camera, but on the bigger screen they just didn't seem to work? I number of the pics that i took of the houses down the back lanes and the wide aspect of the river with all the barges were very flat and uninteresting.
Liked a number of the ones that you selected...especially the bridge with the greenery in the foreground and also the 1st shot.
I found myself drawn again to 'mono' for a number of mine, expect the 'angry birds'.....who knew that Mike could scare the bejesus out of gulls (not sea gulls)

anyway here you go....

aylesford.jpg

aylesford-6.jpg

aylesford-2.jpg
Attachments
aylesford-8.jpg

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:30 pm

and few more....

aylesford-9.jpg

aylesford-11.jpg

aylesford-13.jpg

aylesford-12.jpg

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:06 pm

I diidnt bother too much with wide panoramic shots mainly because the sky was so grey and there wasn’t much else to add any interest. Took a couple off the weir in case I was missing something, but wasn’t holding my breath.

Funnily enough I thought my image of the boat/tarpaulin was borderline boring, with the tarp spoiling it, but the selective colour did the trick on that one with some positive feedback on it.

Your views of Aylesford are good, liking the sepia version. Boat throttle thingy came out well. My zoom was a fraction too short for it tbh, with too much going on around it.

Gulls, didn’t bother with them, might take a closer look, also at the swans.

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:45 pm

This was about the best “river shot I took, a bit bland really. A couple of others using my new favourite effect :roll: :D

Mark and myself discussed setting up an “SKCC” Flickr group to save bombarding the less interested amongst you on the site., happy to do so for anyone that’s interested, you will need to join Flickr first, if not already done so.. It’s a free (with adverts) or small cost to go pro, photo hosting site. I’ve been using it for quite a while and find it so much better than Picasso/photobucket. It’s easy and intuitive to use and even has a nice little photo editor built in.
Post up any interest and I’ll see what we can do..

Return to “You Went Where ???”