For Sale: Dax Rush 2.1l Pinto.

Items for Sale or that are wanted: Please edit posts once items are sold / withdrawn.

Moderator: Contaminated

Tony C

Re: For Sale: Dax Rush 2.1l Pinto.

Postby Tony C » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:18 pm

Richard,

I was approached by a guy from Holland when I put my previous Tiger up for sale. It seems he came over fairly often with a trailer/small car transporter and looked at several cars in trip. I beleive there is a good market for them in Holland, so I guess the same could apply in Germany. A few of the ads on Pistonheads are often for a dealer in Holland. I had the same resereations, but I recall that a few people on the Tiger Owners Club forum had had trouble free experiences with dealers from Europe when I asked.

If you've banked the cash before you release the car it should be safe enough.

Cheers

Tony
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

locost220

Postby locost220 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:25 pm

i made sure i did not give out my chassis number that my foreign buyer of range rover wanted to " arranage his insurance" , he had no issue with this and just did it once he had handed over cash and he rung the insurance company there and then.
Rich
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:55 pm

sold a R/Hood to a Polish guy for pound notes - easy as pie......giood luck R.

Richard

Postby Richard » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:31 pm

locost220 wrote:i made sure i did not give out my chassis number that my foreign buyer of range rover wanted to " arranage his insurance" , he had no issue with this and just did it once he had handed over cash and he rung the insurance company there and then.
Rich
Oops! Needed it for insurance company - it's a Saturday so he probably cannot phone them.

Seems he (they) are coming with pounds after all but having checked with the bank it is no problem with Euros in cash. They just convert it at the current exchange rate and pay it into one's account - no limit if you are a customer. All other ways require a clearing process and can be several days to a week or more.

So, we'll wait and see. Plus if he brings Euros, I'll take him to the bank! (Yes, I plan to take some form of ID.)

Next task is V5C. Seems from all posts that all I do is say I have exported the car and the rest is up to him. I do not even have to notify a new owner. Is that what you two did?
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control, Quaife LSD. Now with big brother 1973 TR6 being totally body-off restored.

Richard

Postby Richard » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:16 pm

Well that was easy, I think.

07:45 phone call to say arriving in 30 mins - they left at 03:00!

Had a casual look at car and I took them out in it. Swapped cash (£pounds) for car and it's now in my bank already.

They phoned two hours later near Dover to ask if fuel to use was unleaded 95 and said all was OK too.

Let's hope it all is.
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control, Quaife LSD. Now with big brother 1973 TR6 being totally body-off restored.

Nash

Postby Nash » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:31 pm

excellent Richard. Did you shead a tear when it went?

.............Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Richard

Postby Richard » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:23 am

Nash wrote:excellent Richard. Did you shead a tear when it went?.............Neil
Well after building it and having it on the road for 17 seasons ..... Still have had e-mail and car arrived all OK in Germany.

Also had another e-mail froma Dutch guy who was coming over too but is looking for a (cheapish) Rush (or guess similar) or one that is damaged but has a registration. PM me if anyone interested in contact.
Richard.

Return to “For Sale Or Wanted”