Rogue Runners UK ’19 is GO!

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

Fury1630

Rogue Runners UK ’19 is GO!

Postby Fury1630 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:10 pm

For the past few years a small but intrepid bunch of SKCCers has set off in May to scour the country for roads that are both twisty & deserted. The format is pretty loose, each day there’s a route, a bar & a bed. You can drive in a group or alone, modify the route to take in something you want to see, take the tin-top & the wife & just meet up for the banter in the evening if you like. There’s no rules, no expectations.

The 2019 trip is in planning, so if you’re interested, it’s time to put your name down. There’s no commitment just yet, you’re just registering an interest.

This is what we’ll be doing:-
18th May, southern types meet at Newlands Corner & drive to the Cotwolds for breakfast where we’ll be joined by those of a more northerly bent. We head west through the valeeees of south Wales to somewhere beyond Swansea, where we’ll bed down in a hostelry of some sort.

19th May, breakfast & off to the Gower Peninsular, then turn east through more valleys & north up the centre of Wales to a stop-over in Llangollen.

20th – 23rd May, back into England & we thread our way between industrial towns to end up between the Yorkshire Moors & the Yorkshire Dales, we spend the next four nights there, doing loops to the east (Lake District), north (Scotland - just) & west (Whitby ish) – not necessarily in that order, we’ll be following the best weather.

24th May, time to head south, but not directly, we’ll be heading round the Wash to find a resting place on the north coast. I was thinking of Wells-Next-The-Sea but I’m not sure it’ll fit on the sat-nav screen.

25th May, the last day & we’ll be touring the East Anglian coast until we reach the M25 & break formation to head home.

Most of the days are around 250 miles (none are over 300), though I’ll be putting in some short-cuts for those that want them.

This plan has a number of advantages, staying for four night in one place means we don’t have to carry luggage all the time & we won’t be too far north if anyone wants to just do some of the days.
At the moment I’ve booked 8 rooms – with no deposit until next year.

So who’s in?
1/ Tony H

DJ.

Re: Rogue Runners UK ’19 is GO!

Postby DJ. » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:09 pm

Well done Tony :)

For the past few years a small but intrepid bunch of SKCCers has set off in May to scour the country for roads that are both twisty & deserted. The format is pretty loose, each day there’s a route, a bar & a bed. You can drive in a group or alone, modify the route to take in something you want to see, take the tin-top & the wife & just meet up for the banter in the evening if you like. There’s no rules, no expectations.

The 2019 trip is in planning, so if you’re interested, it’s time to put your name down. There’s no commitment just yet, you’re just registering an interest.

18th May, southern types meet at Newlands Corner & drive to the Cotwolds for breakfast where we’ll be joined by those of a more northerly bent. We head west through the valeeees of south Wales to somewhere beyond Swansea, where we’ll bed down in a hostelry of some sort.

19th May, breakfast & off to the Gower Peninsular, then turn east through more valleys & north up the centre of Wales to a stop-over in Llangollen.

20th – 23rd May, back into England & we thread our way between industrial towns to end up between the Yorkshire Moors & the Yorkshire Dales, we spend the next four nights there, doing loops to the east (Lake District), north (Scotland - just) & west (Whitby ish) – not necessarily in that order, we’ll be following the best weather.

24th May, time to head south, but not directly, we’ll be heading round the Wash to find a resting place on the north coast. I was thinking of Wells-Next-The-Sea but I’m not sure it’ll fit on the sat-nav screen.

25th May, the last day & we’ll be touring the East Anglian coast until we reach the M25 & break formation to head home.

Most of the days are around 250 miles (none are over 300), though I’ll be putting in some short-cuts for those that want them.

This plan has a number of advantages, staying for four night in one place means we don’t have to carry luggage all the time & we won’t be too far north if anyone wants to just do some of the days.

So who’s in?
1/ Tony H
2/ Duncan - route sounds great
3/

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:04 pm

Sounds like a good plan

So who’s in?
1/ Tony H
3/ Matt

Red27

Postby Red27 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:59 pm

Yay!!! Thought I was going to have to do a solo trip - so what's the difference you say :lol: :lol: :lol: Been tapping up some local friends re: accommodation in Wells (Wash), so far no-one's come up with anything that it's more "couples" orientated, i.e. doubles, not twins/singles.

So who’s in?
1/ Tony H
3/ Matt
4/ Linda
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

davehall

Postby davehall » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:31 am

I’ve missed too many of these so really going to try to make this one. Only 75/25 at the moment but hopefully it will be 100/0. I’m working on it.

So who’s in?
1/ Tony H
3/ Matt
4/ Linda
5/ Dave H
Westfield SEiW 1.8 Zetec, Jenveys, Omex

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:51 pm

Well done Dave, I hope you make it :)

I’ve missed too many of these so really going to try to makes this one. Only 75/25 at the moment but hopefully it will be 100/0. I’m working on it.

So who’s in?
1/ Tony H
3/ Matt
4/ Linda
5/ Dave H
6/

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:32 pm

Yay! (as Linda would say).

Only three more spaces - though I can always book more rooms. :D

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:59 pm

I'm in sorry forgot how to add myself :lol:

Red27

Postby Red27 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:07 pm

Yay indeed for Dave coming along!!!

Paul is also coming. He intends to camp - which he will organise himself - and sort his own "campfire" meals out. If it therefore pees it down with rain - because that never happens - he has the option of going home and leaving us all too it :lol: So, important point for Tony, there is nothing extra to book for Paul. He will want itns though. He can actually load them on his satnav by himself as well!! Well, he did earlier this year :lol:
----------------------------------------------------

So who’s in?
1/ Tony H
3/ Matt
4/ Linda
5/ Dave H
6/ Paul
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:49 pm

I've been doing a little "finessing" on the routes & we now go through Pendine (of Pendine Sands fame) where you can drive on the beach if you wish & where there is a "Museum of speed" - ironically with humps in the road outside :lol:

We should also take in two of the steepest roads in Britain - not the steepest as that's apparently on a housing estate & not likely to be mush fun.

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”