Detling Question - Help Please

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

philiprs

Detling Question - Help Please

Postby philiprs » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:26 am

hello, I'm Philip from Antwerp/Belgium and I'm restoring a Tiger Super Six.
I driven it only the last 1 mounth of 2009, after 1,5 horrible year trying to register my Tiger in belgium.
The frame is painted now, the body and engine works are for next winter because I want to ride it now !
I want to visit the Detling Kitcarshow looking for some new or used parts. (grille,mirrors,cyclewings,....)
Does anyone nows Tigerracing is represented at this show?
I want to stay from friday till monday in UK , but visit the show only one day, should I go saturday or sunday?
best regards,
philip
Last edited by philiprs on Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Detling Question - Help Please

Postby greenwoo » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:58 am

Hi Philip, Tiger themselves will not be at this show. There will be Tiger owners with their cars, for sure there are some of us with Tigers there on the Sunday. The Show is actually the Sunday and Monday. Depending what you need it may be possible for Tiger to send us the parts and we can take them to the Show if you are worried about the shipping cost to BE. Obviously this really only applies to parts that can easily be transported in a Tiger!

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:57 pm

Hi Philip,

I go to Detling every year and I like it but it is not a big show although it has quite a lot of small stalls. By far the best show to go to is Stonleigh. This is held in a huge showground near Warwick and there are easily some 1,000 kit cars there in the club areas so plenty of people to talk to. Hundreds of stalls too.

Held from at 9:30am on Sunday 2nd May and ends on Monday 3rd May of at 5.30pm.

http://www.kitcarconnection.com/events/profile/5 for details and many other links to it too.

Kit car drivers get in for free (at both events).
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control, Quaife LSD. Now with big brother 1973 TR6 being totally body-off restored.

philiprs

Postby philiprs » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:40 pm

thanks for the offer carrying things to the detling show. I will be there at sunday because i travel home monday afternoon. My Tiger isn't ready, so I come with my familycar, leaving my wife and 2 doughters in maidstone for shopping.
Past year I was in stoneleigh for 2 days (with my bike for travelling faster) and it is an amazing event, this year i'll be also there.
I am looking for a 1991 tiger grille, i don't think it's available by tigerracing anymore. I see only the mesh-type on the onlineshop.
best regards, philip

2kwik

Postby 2kwik » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:31 pm

i think that the old tiger grille is a bit dated now and the mesh gives you more options. Spray whatever colour you like and that goes with the car? And cheap at detling! teddies are extra.
Attachments
20090624_Canon_EOS_0020 1.JPG
20090624_Canon_EOS_0020 1.JPG (461.15 KiB) Viewed 3060 times
Fun is not a straight line

philiprs

Postby philiprs » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:07 pm

waw..this is a very nice Super Six with the right nickel plated wishbones....

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”