Le Blat Part Deux - 11th September

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Le Blat Part Deux - 11th September

Postby greenwoo » Thu May 06, 2010 2:42 pm

As it says up top. Second run out for the day in France. Those of you who have looked at the piccies from our first foray will see that we had a blooming good day out, so if you missed out for whatever reason get yourself down on the list for this one.
Possibly ambitious but am going to try to speak to a few car clubs with a view to having a 'mini car show' at Le Touquet, there seems to be some interest from the PistonHeads guys and would like to run the idea past a few other car clubs in the south ( classics etc ). In fact if any of you have contacts or pals that are part of other Clubs could you PM me please?

Rough Plan: Eurotunnel £59 for group booking, will gladly book this for the 1st 15 that get their names down as it's a group booking discount.
We'll get a Chunnel around 07.40 which gets us onto terra firma 09.15 local time. Mornings driving with coffee stop, heading for Le Touquet for 13.00-13.30 for lunch. Leaving LT around 16.00 for a meander back to Calais - leaving Calais approx 19.30 by Chunnel again, back in UK 19.00.

1/ Greenwood03

2kwik

Re: Le Blat Part Deux - 11th September

Postby 2kwik » Thu May 06, 2010 6:51 pm

jesus, Markie. Brighton Speed Trials!!! :o :o :o Mark G writes''''''''see what sacrifices i make'''''''''''''
Oh go on then ;)

1/ Greenwood03
2/ 2kwik
Fun is not a straight line

bobg_24

Postby bobg_24 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:17 pm

Got to be done!

1/ Greenwood03
2/ 2kwik
3/ bobg_24

Ross

Postby Ross » Fri May 07, 2010 7:56 am

Gutted. That's the day I fly to San Francisco for a lads baseball tour. Missed the last one due to volcanic ash, now missing the next one as well.

Richard

Postby Richard » Fri May 07, 2010 8:45 am

1/ Greenwood03
2/ 2kwik
3/ bobg_24
4/ Richard - probably.
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control, Quaife LSD. Now with big brother 1973 TR6 being totally body-off restored.

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Fri May 07, 2010 11:42 am

i might have a problem with this as it's the wifes birthday on the 12th, maybe her treat could be a blat with the boys in France !!

I'll let you know

(I hope she doesnt read this!) :lol:

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Fri May 07, 2010 11:47 am

failing to see the issue Tony - the birthday you mention is a different day? the 12th? or is her birthday like a south african wedding - something that lasts about a month?? Top Tip. sneakily write something on the calendar for the 12th, like, keep free special surprise and at the same time add T.Out all day on the 11th.....when questioned advise SWMBO that you had discussed this some time ago, hence the special surpsie on the 12th! seeemples.

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Fri May 07, 2010 12:01 pm

if only life was that seeemple :lol: :lol: , yes unfortunatley Birthdays and Xmas's are like a test for me which I seem to fail every year, I only found out last year that our local shell garage has only ever stocked the same wifey birthday card (singular) for the last 4 years, it's just convenient to me to buy a card there when Im filling up but only she would've noticed that she's received the same card from me every year ........ failed!

I do like your idea but then 'special surprise' is very testing, maybe it could be a different card or just a suprise for me !!!

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Fri May 07, 2010 12:26 pm

exactly it leaves the door open! on the card front, employ an old trick of mine - i argued ( successfully ) a number of years ago that cards between us were a waste of time and effort: no valentines, no xmas/birthday cards. I realise you may have left it a bit late to implement this system - but worth a go!
right before we get too far off topic.......instead of those that can't go - who's coming along??

Nickmupp

Postby Nickmupp » Fri May 07, 2010 4:15 pm

2/ 2kwik
3/ bobg_24
4/ Richard - probably.
5/ Nickmupp- Cert

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”